Bad Move Page 2

Still enjoyed it, but does anyone get a sense that there is just too much misery in their lives for their upbeat mannerisms to be credible? Fair enough it's part of the comedy, but if their lives get worse week after week it won't be much fun!

Have only watched the first episode and it's a good job I find Jack Dee naturally funny, because on the outset, this looks a dull sitcom so far.

He's almost Rick Spleen, without the rudeness.

Hope it improves. Does not seem like Jack Dee quality of comedy so far. It could have been written by Craig Cash/James Corden and that is not a bad thing as I love Royle Family/G&S, but so far, doesn't seem to suit JD at the moment.

Love this. Typical Jack Dee which is a compliment! It's good that the resolutions don't get seen - just the bad bits.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th September 2017, 9:14 PM

God almighty save us please from the desperate to be on telly Jack Dee and his even more desperately unfunny sitcoms. Only upside for us is this one'll sink faster than his Lead Balloon did. Miserable antisitcom material peopled with unlikely characters like the out of place and out of depth trendy London stand-up popping his bobbing around head in from nowhere and for no sound reason. ITV want a piece of the peaktime sitcom cake at last but they're being sold dead dogs. :(

Yes, bland and lifeless doesn't do this justice...it's still born! The loaded, gauche rock star with country pile and his terrible Mick Jagger affectations sums this crap up. The only interesting thing is that after the first episode's sole story line being the inability for the house to be ever connected to the internet - suddenly in ep 2 said abode is digitally connected!

Quote: gb901 @ 29th September 2017, 11:01 PM

The only interesting thing is that after the first episode's sole story line being the inability for the house to be ever connected to the internet - suddenly in ep 2 said abode is digitally connected!

Yes, I queried that in a previous post, then remembered later that the first episode finished with the very annoying couple who lived on top of the hill half agreeing for them to tap into their connection, which they had just severed but Jack agreed to pay to have them reconnected.
Looked like it had been tacked on the end of the script so that he could have the internet in the subsequent episode.

Alright, it's not a classic but an inoffensive and pleasant enough way of passing half an hour and at least it's not the ghastly and unfunny Fleabag or the interminable W1A, which has to be in its favour.

I love it. Brilliant!

Quote: gb901 @ 29th September 2017, 11:01 PM

Yes, bland and lifeless doesn't do this justice...it's still born! The loaded, gauche rock star with country pile and his terrible Mick Jagger affectations sums this crap up. The only interesting thing is that after the first episode's sole story line being the inability for the house to be ever connected to the internet - suddenly in ep 2 said abode is digitally connected!

It's a sitcom! It's not real life you know - although apparently it's based on Dee's experiences of moving to the country.

I have now watched three episodes and am getting rather narked that the village seems to be populated by vile, unhelpful and rude tosspots. I therefore think that the character balance is way out of whack.

Lead Balloon was streets ahead of this ITV snoozefest. Maybe an extra five minute running time would improve it somewhat?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 5th October 2017, 9:24 PM

I have now watched three episodes and am getting rather narked that the village seems to be populated by vile, unhelpful and rude tosspots. I therefore think that the character balance is way out of whack.

This is exactly what I said after this week's episode! It's a nice premise, Dee and Godliman work well together, but everybody in the village is a total arse! And after every episode I get more and more frustrated that they just continue to live there with seemingly no income and constant setbacks!

Who on Earth charges £60 to walk a dog?

He has an income from website designing. One of the stories in the last episode. (f**ko hacked into his competitors website and crashed it)

I love Kerry Godliman's facial expressions in this.

Quote: tonecapone @ 27th September 2017, 7:12 PM

Bad Move is watered down pre-watershed middle class fodder.

Oh to be young, affected and clueless again.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in how a series is turning out considering the talent involved. The annoying thing is that Dee and Godliman are good and it's very watchable. It's just that every single person other than them are obnoxious human beings! And is anyone else getting bored of the shop gag with the indifferent woman and the unseen husband?

Well, I'm (surprisingly) still enjoying it, as is my wife who not a true sitcom fan.

It's a Yorkshire village, what would you expect?
We're all grumpy ignorant bastards...it's true to life.
And her marrying a southern softie, she ought to know better.