Newsjack 2017 Page 44

Due to work issues was only able to get around to thinking of one-liners at the very last minute. But the addictive excitement of the wait last week was too good to not try and send something in.
Also tried to convert a fourth one-liner into a number cruncher, but don't think it really worked. Oh well.

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 10th October 2017, 4:57 AM

Three one-liners sent.
No number crunchers again. I really hope they ditch that format next time.

To make it more interesting, they should have a different theme or challenge each week for the final one-liner slot.

I struggled with it at first, but I can see an improvement in my efforts over the past few weeks.

I might not get on air, or even a "nearly" email, but I am enjoying the exercise and find it beneficial.

(Also, it's neither toxic, immoral nor fattening!)

Managed to get 3 Breaking News and - to my amazement - 3 Number Crunchers off as well.

Number Crunchers seems like it should work, but it just doesn't on radio (think I've said that before on this forum lol)

Number Crunchers < Viewsjack

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 10th October 2017, 4:57 AM

To make it more interesting, they should have a different theme or challenge each week for the final one-liner slot.

Interesting idea, potential issue could be topicality. If they set the theme on Friday, it could be old news by next Wednesday.

I personally prefer number crunchers to viewsjack.

Not that I have had any success with either and this is series 3 or 4 for me - am losing count.
Is anyone going to the recording? I have never been as I live some way from London.

Am guessing the Dove ad was amongst the popular fayre this week. Good luck you all.

The Wine-stain story looks set to run and run now the floodgates have opened ...

It's quiet here on Wednesdays this series - but if anyone does make it to recording, please share what you remember.

I got the full quota written this week but I am away this weekend so am unable to write for the last episode. Should I send in one or two of the sketches that I had extra from previous weeks?

Yeah, nothing to lose.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 11th October 2017, 8:54 PM

I got the full quota written this week but I am away this weekend so am unable to write for the last episode. Should I send in one or two of the sketches that I had extra from previous weefks?

Maybe make it more relevant/ topical, if needed.

Why do people do this rehashing? Do the best you can.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 11th October 2017, 8:54 PM

I got the full quota written this week but I am away this weekend so am unable to write for the last episode.

I'm trying to imagine what you'll be doing that would mean you can't write something while you're away. 48 hours unconscious?

Quote: Nogget @ 11th October 2017, 10:35 PM

I'm trying to imagine what you'll be doing that would mean you can't write something while you're away. 48 hours unconscious?

Rehersing and performing

We all know what the closing time is for sketches and one liners, but when do submissions *open*?

Are sketches that arrive at 12.01 on a Monday (and one-liners that arrive at 12.01 on a Tuesday) automatically shunted into "next week", or are they condemned to some form of purgatory because they didn't arrive on a Monday/Tuesday morning?

And would the answer to this question help our otherwise-engaged rehearsee resolve his submission-related (submissive?) dilemma?

It's NewsJack Day!!!!!! Ohhhh the drama of it all, and this, the quietest of weeks doth make the rejection more painful...unless...unless...unless