Newsjack 2017 Page 41

In. Don't know how.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 5th October 2017, 6:42 PM

Just checked my emails and turns out, I'm in tonights show!

Yes! Way to go.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 5th October 2017, 6:42 PM

Just checked my emails and turns out, I'm in tonights show!

Well done!

Quote: Damian B @ 5th October 2017, 6:44 PM

In. Don't know how.

Good job! Happy to hear people from here are in this week.

Quote: Damian B @ 5th October 2017, 6:44 PM

In. Don't know how.

Because you are a funny motherf**ker, obviously.

Quote: Mrkgrngr @ 5th October 2017, 6:49 PM

Because you are a funny motherf**ker, obviously.

Luck is a fickle thing. I should really play the lottery.

Cheers guys, it's my 11th credit, and seeing as this is show number 101 I feel slightly more proud my stuff is in more than 10% of Newsjack's shows.

I will not check the Spam folder
I will not check the Spam folder
Checked the Spam folder
It's full of...wait for it...Spam

Congratulations to Damian B and DeathbyMonkey.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 5th October 2017, 7:00 PM

Cheers guys, it's my 11th credit, and seeing as this is show number 101 I feel slightly more proud my stuff is in more than 10% of Newsjack's shows.

Well done DeathbyMonkey and Damian! Let us know afterwards which bits were yours!

Quote: V Riddoch @ 5th October 2017, 6:42 PM

If you find it fun, keep going! This really is a long game. I didn't get anything in the script (but was cut) until my third series. I got a sketch and a couple of one-liners in the fourth.

Then I met some lovely people from BCG at a recording (Hey, kids! Don't meet up with strangers from the internet!), whom I then went on to work on other projects with. Best of all I met the fabulous Bonzo; we've now been writing together for three years.

Keep looking around for other opportunities, like NewsRevue and the Treason Show; both are weekly, year-round shows so are great for practice.

For reasons of accuracy, I must just point out that V is by far the most fabulous part of the team!

But echo the above - look out for opportunities and keep going. A very successful writer once said that no writing is ever wasted -each joke / sketch / script will make your writing better.

Two more shows of Newsjack to go! :)

Nah, not even close :(

Well done you two!!

....onwards

Glad to hear there's some good news on here. Well done both!

And for the rest of us keep going, nothing to lose really by trying twice more this series. Onwards!

Congratulations Damian & deathbymonkey

Well done to everyone who got in, inspiration to us all. No e-mails for me.

Thanks guys. This is my fourth series of submitting jokes, and only now is it getting anywhere.

As Bonzo and StephenM say, persistence is key. And a weary sense of fatalism. That helps me soften the rejections.