The Last Laugh Page 5

Quote: bushbaby @ April 26 2008, 9:09 PM BST

You can read mine if you like Robin a couple of posts up :D

I liked that, I was confused by the names but it had a couple of laugh out loud moments.

ah, thanks Robin, that's really awesome/appreciated coming from you. [yeah I changed the names]
It didn't even get longlisted :(

Quote: Robin Kelly @ April 26 2008, 11:55 AM BST

The other issue is that it was an entertainment reality show first and foremost and it got confused with the BBC Talent competitions.

Hmmm, yes that's how it turned out, but that's not the impression that they gave to the contestants at the beginning, so the actual Last Laugh TV programs were a crashing disappointment. The programs spent vast amounts of describing lots of things about comedy that were obvious or well known and the winners just got about 2% of the air time!

The anticipated production of the winning ending(s) never happened on screen.

Quote: bushbaby @ April 26 2008, 11:25 PM BST

ah, thanks Robin, that's really awesome/appreciated coming from you. [yeah I changed the names]
It didn't even get longlisted :(

Neither did I. :(

I'm not sure the Last Laugh programme dropping the recording of the final episodes was a problem - the actors they used for the excerpts in the final show were rubbish.

They were rubbish Antrax, I agree

Pop to the top, as there seems to be a little revived interest due to the launching of "The Old Guys"

Are they actually going to be making that after all these years?

Quote: earman2009 @ January 25 2009, 8:14 PM GMT

Are they actually going to be making that after all these years?

Never look at this sites front page? They had a pic up from it for a while! :D And yes, the series seems to have finally been shot and is heading to our screens soon. I'd really be interested to know what took them so long though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25 2009, 8:17 PM GMT

Never look at this sites front page? They had a pic up from it for a while! :D

Yes, I look all the time. I probably saw it a few times, but didn't pass any remarks.

Quote: earman2009 @ January 25 2009, 8:30 PM GMT

Yes, I look all the time. I probably saw it a few times, but didn't pass any remarks.

Ok then.

Here's a link to the winning scripts http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/lastlaugh/scripts.shtml

Just bought the Last Laugh scriptbook. I think the advantage of it was it was an idiot's guide. The professionals had done the hard work for you, but don't we always?Pleased

A book of scripts is available 8 years later? I hope it isn't too expensive.

12, I think you'll find.