Newsjack 2017 Page 38

Been super busy and super tired so I've got nothing this week. Well, I've got one a single mediocre oneliner.

I can't get near a computer to send it (I wish we could just post it directly in the email instead of farting about with documents) so if anybody is looking for a mediocre third joke, feel free to PM me and you can have it.

I managed to get the full quota of sketches and gags in the end. but only after sweating blood.

Didn't send in any sketches this week but managed the full quota of one-liners!

3 one liners and 3 number crunchers sent... with perhaps the 3 unused number crunchers from last week?!?!? Here's hoping they carry over, as my Newsjack CV is a little barren this series :(

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 3rd October 2017, 6:27 AM

Been super busy and super tired so I've got nothing this week. Well, I've got one a single mediocre oneliner.

I can't get near a computer to send it (I wish we could just post it directly in the email instead of farting about with documents) so if anybody is looking for a mediocre third joke, feel free to PM me and you can have it.

Thanks. Kind offer. I actually managed full quota this week.

Quote: Steev @ 3rd October 2017, 12:23 PM

3 one liners and 3 number crunchers sent... with perhaps the 3 unused number crunchers from last week?!?!? Here's hoping they carry over, as my Newsjack CV is a little barren this series :(

I don't have anything on my NJ CV.
Does getting things on the show lead to further things?

Quote: BTF @ 3rd October 2017, 2:05 PM

Does getting things on the show lead to further things?

Yes. A sense of crushing disappointment the following week.

This is the bit I hate. You convince yourself you have produced a well crafted piece that is a thing of comic beauty and a joy for the seconds it transmits to the nation. Confidence as high as a kite. Kudos, come and get me. Then no email by 6.30pm on Thursday and crushing disappointment. Hey ho. But the series ain't over yet. Not til the fat lady sings it ain't - sorry about that Angela.

Quick reminder here of the nuts and bolts of sketch writing. Good luck...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/14679897

Fab. Well worth a read!

Quote: Anorak @ 4th October 2017, 11:40 AM

Quick reminder here of the nuts and bolts of sketch writing. Good luck...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/14679897

Like the logic. This guy knows the structural engineering of the format.

Hello all, am a recent dabbler at comedy writing from Turkey with a recent-ish obsession with Newsjack. Finally built up the courage to submit some one-liners this week, though having read through the examples of stuff that have previously been turned down am not holding my breath for any form of email tomorrow.

Quote: TurkeyNotTheBird @ 4th October 2017, 2:51 PM

Hello all, am a recent dabbler at comedy writing from Turkey with a recent-ish obsession with Newsjack. Finally built up the courage to submit some one-liners this week, though having read through the examples of stuff that have previously been turned down am not holding my breath for any form of email tomorrow.

Good luck. Have seen first timers get in so you never know. It becomes very addictive.

be there any secret squirrels or undercover moles at the live show this evening? if so, hope you have a fun night and your report back would be universally appreciated...

Quote: Danno @ 4th October 2017, 7:15 PM

be there any secret squirrels or undercover moles at the live show this evening?

I thought Secret Squirrel's sidekick was Morocco Mole.

ssshhhhhhh....you'll blow his cover

Whistling nnocently