The Office: UK or US? Page 5

I think the US version was more well written and interesting. But, I can't help it, Ricky Gervais is one of those comedians that just makes me laugh! So I would prefer to watch the UK version, tho I haven't seen ALL of either version.

Don't you think that after three years, management would've moved Dwight's desk away from Jim's? Kinda asking for trouble.

I've never seen the US version because I've already seen the UK version so what's the point?

I do love the UK Office, probably my favourite thing in comedy.

The few episodes I've seen of the US Office have been pretty average, but I'm willing to give it a go.

The UK version wins cos it never loses contact with reality. The perfect example is Gareth versus Dwight: Gareth may be the least likeable major character but he is a) credible and b) not totally unsympathetic. There's a bit of a nerd in everyone. Ask Melania. Dwight is hilarious but he's forced to do crazy shit just for laughs. There's no one on Earth actually like him, and if there was, he wouldn't be employed in an office for ten years.
I actually stopped bothering with the US. Quit while you're ahead. Check Salinger.