Newsjack 2017 Page 37

I'd be cross, but I didn't actually submit any number crunchers so mwahahahaaa

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/newsjack/special/behind_the_scenes_on_newsjack/

@BTF....and now you've got me frantically writing another script for next week when I should be out walking the dog!!!! :)

My mind is a total blank today. Anyone else struggling to write?

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 1st October 2017, 6:41 PM

My mind is a total blank today. Anyone else struggling to write?

At the moment, yes. But then again, I am in the pub.

Barry?

Sent sketch at 11.58am. Acknowledgement email is dated 12.02pm. Does that mean it was late?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 2nd October 2017, 12:13 PM

Sent sketch at 11.58am. Acknowledgement email is dated 12.02pm. Does that mean it was late?

4 minutes for reply, should mean 2 minutes to get to them so just in!

(Check the sent e-mail time to set your mind at rest, they'd probably be nice and read it anyway but best not to do every week.)

Thanks. Their email seems positive. Yes - won't make a habit of it!

I had a last minute rush too. Not sure if I was in either. Wrote second sketch this morning. Quickest I have done it. Getting faster just not necessarily better..

Hardest week so far. Nothing I particularly felt I had a take on. Still, I kept my promise to myself and sent my weekly batch of two sketches. One I quite like but struggled to end and another, well, you never know what the producers are looking for!

Good luck everyone.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 2nd October 2017, 12:28 PM

Thanks. Their email seems positive. Yes - won't make a habit of it!

But that's because the automated response doesn't distinguish between sketches with a Monday deadline, and one-liners, which have until Tuesday.Console

I couldn't come up with viable sketch ideas over the weekend (the story of Melania Trump's rejected book donation didn't gel; perhaps I was thinking too hard) but I had an epiphany mid-morning and knocked one off in ten minutes and got it sent off before discovering the deadline wasn't the 12.30 that was lodged in my head Teary

Less than gruntled at the discovery, I decided to send in my full batch of one-liners and crumber-nunchers which I'll be posting here later in the week ... :D

submitted a sketch to which the jury (which refused my bribes) is still out or probably retired and gone home; oneliners and crunchers are in too........by god I'm sooooooo side-splittingly hilarious it's untrue...really untrue. Happy Jackin' one and all and it's good luck from me.Pirate

One-liners submitted. Best of luck to everyone.

I'll probably post my rejected offerings in the orgy of commiseration on Thursday. I mean feedback session.

Quote: Damian B @ 2nd October 2017, 7:23 PM

One-liners submitted. Best of luck to everyone.

I'll probably post my rejected offerings in the orgy of commiseration on Thursday. I mean feedback session.

Orgy of commiseration!

:D:D:):D:DConsoleConsoleConsole