Newsjack 2017 Page 36

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 29th September 2017, 12:51 AM

Just listened. Some funny stuff in that one. I loved the first taxi sketch.

The Toys R Us joke was very similar to one of Danno's rejected jokes from last week! That sucks.

Bit curious because I had that down as old news? Maybe the story has been rumbling on? Yes, essentially the same joke only the one that got aired had the 'sub-letting' angle in the build-up which gave it more 'ooomph' in the punchline, mine was a bit more 'show not tell'. But yeah, be lying if i said I wasn't a bit miffed but them's the breaks. I did think, because of the beauty of the Toys R Us jingle, that a lot of people would have picked up on it and chanced their arm, just strange it didn't pop up last week when the story broke??????

Interestingly, or not, the Toys R Us joke was mine. I originally submitted it last week and it was due to be on the show then but there was a glitch in the recording which meant it didn't go out. They liked the joke enough to hold on to it for another week and put it out on last nights show.

@BabbleBox....ahhhh, well that explains it. Great gag! The subletting dimension gave it the edge on my version. Hats off to you.

Really enjoyed this week's episode!

Surprised there were no number crunchers though - not even some 100-themed ones!

Quote: Babble Box @ 29th September 2017, 2:09 PM

Interestingly, or not, the Toys R Us joke was mine. I originally submitted it last week and it was due to be on the show then but there was a glitch in the recording which meant it didn't go out. They liked the joke enough to hold on to it for another week and put it out on last nights show.

It was a good joke.

Just caught up....massive props for the black cab sketch, brilliant! also like the funeral crasher. My cleveristy onesie award goes to 'Croydon high-rise'. Congrats to all those who made it, nearly made it, didn't make it but tried....and I'd also like to supply all those of you who spent ages coming up with number crunches a selection of rotten fruit to throw at the NJ production room window ;)

Yes, omitting the Number Crunchers so they could do more ego-stroking 100th episode stuff was ridiculous and insulting to everyone who took the time to send them in this week. The NJ team should be thoroughly ashamed.

Quote: Mike X @ 29th September 2017, 5:22 PM

Yes, omitting the Number Crunchers so they could do more ego-stroking 100th episode stuff was ridiculous and insulting to everyone who took the time to send them in this week. The NJ team should be thoroughly ashamed.

5,000: The number of number crunchers submitted for this week's show.
0: The number we can be arsed reading out.

Quote: Damian B @ 29th September 2017, 5:43 PM

Send that one in!

Quote: Goalo @ 29th September 2017, 6:06 PM

Send that one in!

Think I will. Wish I hadn't posted it on here now.

Angry

It was a shame that no number cruncher one-liners were broadcast.
I guess they ran out of time with their sketches but a shame.
I have decided to think that my number-crunchers were good enough for the show this week gone.

Brilliant number cruncher!

Quote: Babble Box @ 29th September 2017, 2:09 PM

Well done. I got the same email last week referring to a glitch and that they'd hold on to a joke I'd written until this week. Except this time it was cut from the broadcast.
At least they're emailing me each week...

????

Very wanky production decision probably made at the last minute, but no less wanky for that -- perhaps even more so ????

Quote: Bigger Piece @ 29th September 2017, 10:09 PM

????

Very wanky production decision probably made at the last minute, but no less wanky for that -- perhaps even more so ????

Still, they could have told people not to bother writing them this week. There's 8 minutes I'll never get back.