British Rationals

Hi,

We felt that topical comedy was getting slow, so we made a daily news satirical show British Rationals!

Of course, we made this back in August, so now it's not very topical at all. However, it's still pretty funny. The second weeks better than the first as we found our stride.

We picked up the stories in the morning, starting writing the jokes at 10, actors arrived at 11:30, we did a quick run through and then out onto the streets to film. Finished filming by about 2pm, edited and released every day for about 3:30pm. How's that for fresh!

It's all available here, http://tinyurl.com/britrationals (redirects to youtube playlist) and http://facebook.com/britrationals if you prefer facebook video.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Keif

Well cut the monolgue visual just people and microphones guy at start no good just people and mics even though u want to b on film som not ment to b , its the small things that make it believable to the cigerette never lit. I dont no i have to say its actually not to good sorry holding it as i said cutting the start and only microphones sorry

Dude, your posts are genuinely unintelligible. Any good advice they may, or may not, contain is totally lost.

Quote: comedywriter dude @ 26th September 2017, 7:41 PM

Well cut the monolgue visual just people and microphones guy at start no good just people and mics even though u want to b on film som not ment to b , its the small things that make it believable to the cigerette never lit. I dont no i have to say its actually not to good sorry holding it as i said cutting the start and only microphones sorry

Reminds me of my last rejection letter.:) Lets hope Chappers doesn't find you. He found me. Laughing out loud

Hello Keif,

The problem with an idea like this is, today's news is tomorrows chip paper. By the time people get to view it some jokes may have lost their impact. Giving yourself a day (an hour and a half for writing) to come up with stuff might not be a good idea. A program like Newjack has hundreds of entries each week, that is made up by material sent in by the public. Your going to struggle to better that with just a few of you. Maybe sending jokes/Sketches into Newsjack might be an idea, if news and politics is your thing. Others may well enjoy what you've already done. So I may well be wrong. Just my opinion.

[quote name="Kealy" post="1180209" date="29th September 2017, 1:36 AM"]Reminds me of my last rejection letter.:) Lets hope Chappers doesn't find you. He found me. Laughing out loud

That's cause I know what I'm talking about lol