Would I Lie To You? - Series 9 Page 9

Blinking heck!

Anyway, I enjoyed the Christmas show, especially David as usual. Laughing out loud.............apart from that - Tom Courtenay? Love him, a superb actor** and was very good on the show with his very dry humour, it just seemed strange seeing him on something like this.

** A Rather English Marriage with Albert Finney and Joanna Lumley - excellent TV movie if you ever get chance to see it !!!

Quote: jhmagic1 @ 19th December 2016, 8:56 PM

Did Lee Mack always have a squint?

I've seen the odd picture of him in specs, maybe he leaves them off for tv appearances?

Look! He's getting old!

It's the old and putting on weight show!

New series (the eleventh) currently recording.

Was anyone here at the recording on Saturday 15th July, or know anyone who was, and can provide a list of guests? I know the guest lineups for all the recordings so far except that one.

Yes. Series 11 guests are as follows (David's guests first followed by Lee's guests):

1. Nish Kumar, Joe Lycett, Nikki Fox and Miles Jupp (recorded 9th July)
2. David Baddiel, Kimblerley Wyatt, Ed Balls and Jo Brand (rec. 11th July)
3. Melvin Odoom, Fay Ripley, James Acaster and Gabby Logan (rec. 13th July)
4. Claude Littner, Jordan Stephens (one half of Rizzle Kicks), Ade Edmonson and Cariad Lloyd (rec. 15th July)
5. Susie Dent, Stacey Solomon, Bob Mortimer (YAYYY!!) and Ore Oduba (rec. 18th July)
6. Richard Osman, Katherine Ryan, Denise Lewis and Judge Rinder (rec. 20th July)
7. Sheila Hancock, Stephen Mangan, Mark Bonnar and Anita Rani (rec. 24th July)
8. Craig Parkinson, Claudia Winkleman, Steve Davis and Sara Pascoe (rec. 26th July)
9. (Christmas Special) Henry Blofeld, Rev. Richard Coles, Kerry Howard and Clive Myrie (rec. 28th July)

Yay, Bob!
Sad there's no Greg Davies though.
Steve Davis will be weirdly hilarious, presuming it's the snooker bloke.

Quote: zooo @ 16th September 2017, 5:23 PM

Steve Davis will be weirdly hilarious, presuming it's the snooker bloke.

So far, it looks like it will be the former snooker player Steve Davis. He has shown he can be funny when he needs to be when he appeared on They Think It's All Over back in the day (he was the most-capped guest on the show having stood in for David Gower and Gary Lineker ten times on top of appearing as a guest four times)

Cariad Lloyd and Ade Edmonson on the same episode should be interesting. Anyone know when it starts?

Quote: antster1983 @ 16th September 2017, 9:20 PM

So far, it looks like it will be the former snooker player Steve Davis. He has shown he can be funny when he needs to be when he appeared on They Think It's All Over back in the day (he was the most-capped guest on the show having stood in for David Gower and Gary Lineker ten times on top of appearing as a guest four times)

When I used to watch him winning everything in the 80s and being relentlessly mocked on Spitting Image I never thought I would see the day when he's DJing at Glastonbury https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1wLA7Xtg6Q

He admits in that video that he doesn't do beatmatching or scratching or the other aspects you would associate with DJing but I still think fair play to him. Everyone loves the Nugget so why not get involved. He's not just a snooker legend but an all round great guy who always has time for people.

He can do a very good poker face so he should be good on Would I Lie To You. His Spitting Image puppet was one of the funniest but at least they didn't make him grey like John Major.

Can somebody from the BCG try and find out why the new series isn't starting yet? There are repeats scheduled on both the 6th and 13th October for no apparent reason.

Quote: antster1983 @ 16th September 2017, 9:20 PM

He has shown he can be funny when he needs to be when he appeared on They Think It's All Over back in the day (he was the most-capped guest on the show having stood in for David Gower and Gary Lineker ten times on top of appearing as a guest four times)

He appeared 14 times in one day?