Bad Move

Surprised nobody has started this thread yet.

If you like Jack Dee, you'll like this. Everything that can go wrong seems to happen to Jack and his wife.

Agreed. I meant to start a thread but got sidetracked. Really enjoyed it. Lead Balloon Part 2, and that is not a criticism, just Dee's writing style.

Showed promise, but seemed a touch rushed with a lot of characters. I would like to have seen a bit more of Jack who is great at this kind of thing. Worth watching if anyone missed it.

Dunno why but I have the hots for Kerry Godliman Lovey

It shows promise. I adored Lead Balloon and Jack Dee's misanthropic ways.

Don't know how I missed setting this on my digi-box, but done now as I watched it on catch up and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jack Dee was pimping this bland-a-thon on Loose Women today. Bad Move makes Lead Balloon look like Fawlty Towers. Should have been on after 9pm with a bit of 'kin swearing to make it seem the faintest bit real. I really loved Kerry Godliman as Becky Hogg in Home Time back in 2009. The shop bit was ripping off Little Britain and Seann Walsh is not funny as the posh whacko next door. Bad Move is just another in a long line of weak mainstream sitcoms. I will be buying My Family on DVD soon if things get worse.

Quote: tonecapone @ 27th September 2017, 12:16 AM

Jack Dee was pimping this bland-a-thon on Loose Women today. Bad Move makes Lead Balloon look like Fawlty Towers. Should have been on after 9pm with a bit of 'kin swearing to make it seem the faintest bit real. I really loved Kerry Godliman as Becky Hogg in Home Time back in 2009. The shop bit was ripping off Little Britain and Seann Walsh is not funny as the posh whacko next door. Bad Move is just another in a long line of weak mainstream sitcoms. I will be buying My Family on DVD soon if things get worse.

Glad you liked it. Did you really think Lead Balloon was that good?

Why does it need swearing? There are - surprisingly - some people who get offended by swearing on TV - in fact anywhere. It's not big and it's not clever!

Quite agree you don't need swearing if it is good comedy.

Just feeling his pain was enough for me - you could see by his face just what he was saying in his head.

Lead Balloon was far better than this. Bad Move is watered down pre-watershed middle class fodder. Jack Dee is a lot funnier in Josh on BBC Three. I am not a big fan of swearing all over the place, but it would have livened this drab sitcom up a pinch.

God almighty save us please from the desperate to be on telly Jack Dee and his even more desperately unfunny sitcoms. Only upside for us is this one'll sink faster than his Lead Balloon did. Miserable antisitcom material peopled with unlikely characters like the out of place and out of depth trendy London stand-up popping his bobbing around head in from nowhere and for no sound reason. ITV want a piece of the peaktime sitcom cake at last but they're being sold dead dogs. :(

I have to agree with that as well, I only watched the first episode and I thought it was absolutely awful. I honestly don't understand how things like this get past the commission stage.

Certainly wasn't so good tonight, and how did he get his internet back?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2017, 11:25 PM

Certainly wasn't so good tonight, and how did he get his internet back?

Magic or ghosts.

There's no plot. Something needs to happen as a funny consequence of something else.