This forum - Photobucket Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ 27th September 2017, 12:15 AM

Genuine question, Hercules: are you on the autistic spectrum? You don't seem to be aware of how rude your own posts read to other people?

Labels, labels - why does everyone have to be something, and you have a cheek diagnosing that of me (Just looked up the definitive answer "In simple terms, an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) is a lifelong disability that affects how someone sees the world, processes information, and relates to other people.") when you don't really know me and if qualified would have to speak to me face to face.

No, there is a crankiness that comes with age; it is unavoidable unless you are very, very lucky. You can't help trying to figure out how much time you have left etc. (my father died at my age) and then life kicks you in the teeth - my wife nearly died 6 years ago and is now disabled, and then to cap it all two years ago my health took a nose dive, and I have to admit I am not the carefree person I was 10 years ago.

I don't think I am any ruder than anyone else on this forum and when I have stepped out of line a couple of times I have realised and have apologised to that person. AND there was someone on this site who was very rude to me not that long ago and you made light of it. Let's face it, you just don't like me for some reason.

OK, it's your site; but there's no need to say to me even if my query was a tad brusque, (and I don't think it was) "the only person who is particularly bothered about having one is moaning and demanding like a petulant toddler".

To ask someone 'seriously' if they are on the autistic spectrum on a public forum is quite shocking!
That's for PM's or keeping ya gob shut.
I have read that a few members on here ARE on the autistic spectrum - they have said it, not me guessing.
Some have writing tourettes for sure (if that is a condition)

Rescind it lad, it's not to be said to anyone. If Herc comes across as rude to you - he doesn't to me. Straight talking would be nearer the mark.
In my early days on here - someone referred to me as 'that nutter' It actually made me laugh.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2017, 9:42 AM

Labels, labels - why does everyone have to be something

To help organise information.

Also, you have labelled your wife as disabled.

I don't think I am any ruder than anyone else on this forum

No one at all?

Quote: Lee @ 27th September 2017, 11:04 AM

To help organise information.

Also, you have labelled your wife as disabled.

I was referring to the multitude of acronyms that seem to spring up on a regular basis, which all and sundry jump on like some new bandwagon to declare themselves as qualifying for special treatment and consideration.

It's what my wife calls herself. So, what do you suggest? Ummm? I could pass it on to her. Please let me know

Quote: Nogget @ 27th September 2017, 11:07 AM

No one at all?

No. I have seen some pretty mean posts on here about other people.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2017, 11:38 AM

It's what my wife calls herself. So, what do you suggest? Ummm? I could pass it on to her. Please let me know

I'd start with her actual name and go from there.

OK, it's your site; but there's no need to say to me even if my query was a tad brusque, (and I don't think it was) "the only person who is particularly bothered about having one is moaning and demanding like a petulant toddler".

The need was that that is very much how your original posts came across.

Regardless, if you didn't mean to be as rude as your posts read, then I for my part apologise for the tone of my own response.

Anyway Aaron, get off your f**king arse, you prick and make me a cuppa tea whilst you at it, twat.

Probably an E or F on the scale of BCG bust-ups, not like the good old days, blah, blah......

Probably an E or F on the scale of BCG bust-ups, not like the good old days, blah, blah......

R.C took all the good arguments with him :(

:(indeed

Quote: Aaron @ 27th September 2017, 12:15 AM

Genuine question, Hercules: are you on the autistic spectrum? You don't seem to be aware of how rude your own posts read to other people?

Pots and Kettles!

I don't think I am any ruder than anyone else on this forum and when I have stepped out of line a couple of times I have realised and have apologised to that person. AND there was someone on this site who was very rude to me not that long ago and you made light of it. Let's face it, you just don't like me for some reason.

You are FUCKING rude!

Labels, labels - why does everyone have to be something, and you have a cheek diagnosing that of me (Just looked up the definitive answer "In simple terms, an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) is a lifelong disability that affects how someone sees the world, processes information, and relates to other people.") when you don't really know me and if qualified would have to speak to me face to face.

No, there is a crankiness that comes with age; it is unavoidable unless you are very, very lucky. You can't help trying to figure out how much time you have left etc. (my father died at my age) and then life kicks you in the teeth - my wife nearly died 6 years ago and is now disabled, and then to cap it all two years ago my health took a nose dive, and I have to admit I am not the carefree person I was 10 years ago.

I am on the autistic spectrum, I was diagnosed in my late thirties after finding out that I shared a number of traits with my son, who was diagnosed in his reception year. I therefore really dislike the thought of people chucking around the diagnosis as some kind of insult. Shame on you Aaron. A couple of years ago I was having issues with a certain member of this forum slinging insults at me for no particular reason, so I emailed Mark and explained that, being autistic, I was prone to sometimes being rude and often interpreting written communication incorrectly. He was lovely about it and explained that I probably wasn't the only poster on here who has ASD/Asperger Syndrome/Classic Autism etc - after all, this is a bit of an enthusiast's site.

Being autistic is indeed a lifelong condition and constantly reading crap about how people like chucking the diagnosis at people when they bloody well feel like it is total bollocks. I work with a couple of local charities, one aimed at children and the other, at autistic adults has really opened my eyes to the way that many of us feel marginalized and 'failed' by society.

Sigh - I only returned to this site tonight because I love discussing comedy and do not with to bore my nearest and dearest about it. I think that I'll go away for a bit. Yeah, that'll help. They may find a 'cure' for autism in the meantime, but hey, I don't really want to be 'cured'.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 5th October 2017, 10:38 PM

I therefore really dislike the thought of people chucking around the diagnosis as some kind of insult. Shame on you Aaron.

If you want to interpret it as "some kind of insult", that really says much more about your own prejudices about the condition, and about others' attitudes towards it. My question was nothing of the sort.

I think you should be adult enough to apologise for offence, Aaron. It being your website.

I want to ask my clients if they are subnormal all the time. But I don't.