Newsjack 2017 Page 29

Congrats. Looks like it's not my week again.

4 more shots!

(I know it may not feel like something to congratulate but it's a big accomplishment)

Just got an email. Apparently, I'm in.

WTF?

Quote: Damian B @ 21st September 2017, 6:10 PM

WTF?

Awesome!

Quote: Damian B @ 21st September 2017, 6:10 PM

WTF?

Well done, mate.

Thanks. I don't know which joke it is yet, but I'm sure it'll be identifiable by the stony silence that follows it.

Now, what to spend the money on...The license fee? Nah.

Congratulations on the broadcast and the final cut emails!
Nothing for me this week, hopefully it's a one on one off type situation and i'll be good for next week hehe!

J x

I've made it in this week

Quote: GAP1 @ 21st September 2017, 8:30 PM

I've made it in this week

Congrats!

And you mate. I think mine will only be a one liner, don't recognize the list of sketches that made it

Hello Damian B and Gap1

Delighted to hear of your success. Best wishes for the rest of the series.

Nothing again for me, by the looks of it. Fudge it.

Well done to those who got on.

I reckon some of jokes that make the edit (especially mine) do so simply by chance. Many of the rejected jokes I've read on this forum are fantastic and deserve selection. It just feels a bit like a lottery.

way-da-go you two, that's far out!

c'est la vie to the rest of us....*rushes off to check my spam mail ;)

It's strike two for me. Next one's out the ball park he says pointing to row Z while fumbling at the plate.

(My stats: 3rd Season 1 Near Miss 0 Airtime) I'll pluck up the courage and post mine in the 'AlsoRan' Forum this week

Yes. I will be listening closely to the show tonight and very tempted to pick out the weakest jokes that are broadcast and compare them to some of the excellent "rejects" posted in the "Critique" forum on here. Although of course we don't really know the details of the selection process and some of it must be blind luck. Humour is such a personal thing and it must be easy for a great joke to get thrown out because the person "judging" it doesn't like its style. Ho hum, TBH would probably feel different if I ever got something on the show!

They must receive tens of the same joke in very similar forms.