Supermarkets. Page 4

Quote: Davida @ 27th August 2017, 1:49 PM

When I got back to the states and drove past a Walmart I thought to myself...why is that so friggin huge?!

Everything is huge in Americky ain't it?

Pretty much. Even toilet cubicles are about 3x bigger than they need be. (even the non-disabled ones) That's another one that struck me when I got back.

Waitrose is the very best. Just a pleasant experience from start to finish.

Was shopping the other day and a chap in the queue hadn't bothered with a basket but was just carrying half a dozen things in his hands. The top item (a cauliflower) rolled off. As he stooped to pick it up, I naturally shouted "Crackerjack".

Not a flicker of recognition. Is it me...?

No grapes were crushed in the previous comment........

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th September 2017, 6:20 PM

Was shopping the other day and a chap in the queue hadn't bothered with a basket but was just carrying half a dozen things in his hands. The top item (a cauliflower) rolled off. As he stooped to pick it up, I naturally shouted "Crackerjack".

Not a flicker of recognition. Is it me...?

Umm possibly because crackerjack was cabbages...?

Not cauliflowers

I know that Crackerjack was a kid's show from the olden times of yore. But I've no idea what that has to do with dropped vegetables.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th September 2017, 6:20 PM

As he stooped to pick it up, I naturally shouted .

You're shouting "Crackajack" at strangers ? I only came on this thread to find out if Supermarket Sweep was a comedy.

Quote: zooo @ 18th September 2017, 9:40 PM

I know that Crackerjack was a kid's show from the olden times of yore. But I've no idea what that has to do with dropped vegetables.

Ed Stewpot Stewart would reward the successful ankle biters with raw cabbages

Simpler times ...

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th September 2017, 10:23 PM

Simpler times ...

After which it was a small step upwards to Ayshea Brough.

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th September 2017, 10:23 PM

Simpler times ...

Yes, it really was with the original Crackerjack and Eamonn in B&W. The cabbage then was a penalty, and when the Crackerjack pencil was awarded everyone would shout out Crackerjack!!

We did laugh...............................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th September 2017, 11:00 PM

Yes, it really was with the original Crackerjack and Eamonn in B&W. The cabbage then was a penalty, and when the Crackerjack pencil was awarded everyone would shout out Crackerjack!!

We did laugh...............................

I just remember "it's Friday, it's five to five, it's Crackerjack".

Not that I watched it.

I just tuned in to get the time before watching the programme I made myself about the speaking clock.

A truly stellar line-up of comic legends. Maclean, Francis, Little and Large, Brush, Clifton, Krankies, and the colossal talent of the immortal Peter Glaze. Saturday Night Live??? Beat that .........

How to turn people who could have become Einstein into the sort of robots who walk around Aldi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GktZgeOQWUk

It rolled on to this one - Phill Jupitus when he used to be Bob Carolgees with Spit, Mick and Twigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKjPosgpxlw

Quote: A Horseradish @ 19th September 2017, 7:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GktZgeOQWUk

Well that's a load of late 1970s bollocks, make it easier for the kids - artificial cabbages WITH handles on?!?! What the f**k?! And not a murmur when he handed out a Crackerjack pen and pencil.

Nowhere near so much of a laugh as the original show.