Things that piss you off Page 1,726

I still don't say "Hi" or "Cool" or "Far out man!"

OK Daddio. Cool

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2017, 11:35 PM

Nor me. I find 'Hi' particularly uncomfortable and am always very emphatic about 'HELLO.' I think 'Cool' is very dated but young folk don't seem to realise that. I cringe when I hear it. As for the last one - what does it even mean?

The man who runs a facebook page about our local town writes a daily report.
It's usually just one paragraph but the word 'hence' crops up about 5 or 6 times every day.

Why are people always so proud and smug about finding a partner on Tindle? Can't be that difficult, that's what it's for. It's like going into a brothel and finding a whore. 'Got meself a girl to shag.' - 'Where?' -'Whorehouse.' - 'Awesome, dude. Don Juan amidst us tonight.'

They keep adding new reactions for FB posts: lol, sigh, cry etc. This is the only one I want them to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu18d5fP7Ic

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th September 2017, 6:42 AM

They keep adding new reactions for FB posts: lol, sigh, cry etc. This is the only one I want them to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu18d5fP7Ic

Laughing out loud Almost everything Vyv says could make a good facebook reaction.

Shut Up or Piss Off
the two names he's considering for his unborn child

I'M VERY SOBER AND VERY VERY BORED
good for reacting to work themed posts

Alright girls, wanna see how many press ups I can do?
for a rubbish, hopeless flirt

It's not a ferret, it's a pig
for when someone posts a picture of a pig and thinks it's a ferret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VH-tJSpkjA What a great show... Up there with Fawlty Towers and I'm Alan Partridge. Bet you never thought I'd say anything positive.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2017, 11:35 PM

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd August 2017, 11:36 PM

OK Daddio. Cool

You've reminded me of the Harry Dean Stanton line (he died yesterday btw):

"Fat city, baby.." Cisco Pike.

The worst one is 'Sorted', partly cos my mother used to say it hoping it would make her sound young and not just a dick.
Has there ever been anyone working in the fashion / cosmetics / clothing etc industry who does not say, 'This is the best job in the world'? F**k you, you smug arrogant self-satisfied little wanker.
Someone just told me that with my comments on music I was 'showing my age'. It was a secret before, was it? Everyone assumed I'm 28?

I say sorted when I've finished pairing up my socks.

Today is my one day off. I've been at this new job for two weeks, and had one day off. My boss called me this morning and wanted me to hand in my uniform because someone going on the business trip doesn't have one and she doesn't have any spares. Sorry, but I am not going to drive to work on my one day off 30 miles to deliver a shirt. Unfortunately, that means I have to drive in 2 hours early tomorrow. I already work 60 hours a week for no base hourly pay and am probably earning M&M's (I still have 10 days until my first cheque, so I don't exactly know yet). It's a fun job and all but it's very time consuming and from my projections I'm making less than 5$ an hour so far which is absolute rubbish. I'll give it another week or two at most and if I'm not earning at least enough to pay my student loans then I'm going to look elsewhere. Bah!

You'd be better off hawking your mutton :)

Don't they have minimum pay in USA?

Quote: Davida @ 18th September 2017, 12:46 AM

I'm not earning at least enough to pay my student loans then I'm going to look elsewhere. Bah!

There are 100s, if not 1000s of foreign students legging it back home and not paying their student loans in the UK, so what I suggest you do is to come and live over here (as you seem to be an Anglophile) and tell the USA and their authorities to go stuff themselves.

Sounds like a plan!!!

My main goal in life right now is to find a way to move over there. This job if I stuck with it might have a transfer available in about a year, maybe two. Kind of the only reason I'm sticking this job out so far. But I can't be working so much for so little.

There is a minimum wage law but I guess this company got around that by being commission only. Not entirely sure how that works.