Humor content writer needed

We are looking for a funny content or humor content writer for our blog, web site and social media pages as part of an ongoing project.

We are in the pet industry and trying to do something a little bit different from our online competition to help us stand out.

This is a paid position.

If you are interested please get in touch to find out more.

Hello!,..
Please tell me some more information about the role.. I normally charge per joke for the pet industry these are called fee lines. cough!... Bang!......... ..... .... thud.

can you send me details to Gregory.markj@gmail.com thank you

Hi Emma - I can help! What are your contact details? Let me know and I'll send you more info, my resume and examples of my work. All the best - Mike

I'll do it for free! m.humphrey87@hotmail.com - Marc

I'll pay you for the privilege!

Yes please for details. I'm thinking of a sitcom set in a Dubai pet shop. (If someone tries to sell you a sketch about a dead parrot, you may have heard it before. patrickdjokes@gmail.com
Cheers, Patrick.

Sorry to whinge, but it's bad practice to offer to "work" for free especially if you are being offered a fee in the first place. This is partly why writing wages are depressed.
Your time and talent has value. Don't sell yourselves short!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 18th September 2017, 8:25 AM

Sorry to whinge, but it's bad practice to offer to "work" for free especially if you are being offered a fee in the first place. This is partly why writing wages are depressed.
Your time and talent has value. Don't sell yourselves short!

I was about to say the same thing.
Very bad manners and disrespectful to people who do it for a living.

Hi Emma,

I've just messaged you with my details. I've written for BBC television, BBC Radio 4 Extra and for a variety of satirical websites such as The Daily Mash. I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks,

Luke

Again, we're talking to ourselves.

Was enjoying a dialogue with them. It went very quiet the moment jokers on here started offering to work for free.
Surely better to try and get work based on merit rather than by bribery?

Annoying.

It most cases, people that offer to write for free accurately know the value of their work.

I've also found, the less you charge the less respect you get.
Give someone a £5k idea and they'll take it seriously.
Give them a £5 one and they feel entitled to take the piss.