sketch

OLD MAN ACTOR DRESSED AS 'TEDDYBOY', D A HAIRCUT, ( DUCKS ARSE ) WITH TONY CURTIS FRINGE, DRAPE COAT,
DRAINPIPE TROUSERS, WINKLEPICKER SHOES. IS TEASED BY ACTOR POLICEMAN IN FRONT OF YOUNG AUDIENCE.

ACTOR POLICEMAN: " HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, YOU LOOK SMART, TELL ME, DO YOUR FEET REACH THE END OF THEM SHOES?"
ACTOR TEDDYBOY: " TELL ME OFFICER, DOES YOUR HEAD REACH THE TOP OF THAT HELMET?"

OLD JOKE FROM THE FIFTIES AIMED AT THE TV PROGRAMME OFF THEIR ROCKERS.
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE ARE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT TO THE SHOW. PERHAPS AN ADDRESS?

You can submit to any show you like, but unless they can accept non-comissioned material...

Thanks, I'II try my luck,

Did you understand my post?

Yes, did you understand mine?

I think you're being a bit optimistic, lol. There are thousands of people who want to submit comedy sketches, and most of those people have years of writing experience... You can try submitting something to Newsjack, but again, you can expect LOADS of competition.

Also, they're looking for new material.

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th September 2017, 11:14 AM

Also, they're looking for new material.

This is the kicker. There's no point sending in an old joke regardless of whether they;re advertising for uncommissioned material. Might as well copy out Bleak House and send it to Penguin.

Quote: gappy @ 6th September 2017, 11:26 AM

This is the kicker. There's no point sending in an old joke regardless of whether they;re advertising for uncommissioned material. Might as well copy out Bleak House and send it to Penguin.

Sec**ted.
I love the way Newsjack always say, We need YOU!... Really? Come round and take some of my ideas then.

Oh, sorry, we didn't mean *you* Laughing out loud

Old jokes are re-worked on TV over and over, I do have lots of original stuff too.. I thought someone on BCG might know someone who could give all us wannabees at least a chance to be told not to give the day job, but it does look like a closed shop. Surely there has never been too much comedy material. We've all seen sketches on TV and thought....Mine are at least as good as that. We need someone to invite all BCG members to submit on site.

All BCG members? That's about a thousand people! (though some people have used more than one name)

If you want to submit, submit a whole show.

1000, Didn't realise so many members. I meant if members who wanted to, posted sketches on this site, some producer could pick the best ones for whatever show, but if no member knows such a person or are playing their cards close to their chest it looks like we are all going to remain wannabees. I was hoping such a long time member and prolific poster as yourself would be able to help fellow members, bit like the Masons help each other.

It really isn't like that.
Theres no club, no secret back door.
Just lots of work and some ORIGINAL material.

Quote: gappy @ 6th September 2017, 4:14 PM

Oh, sorry, we didn't mean *you* Laughing out loud

Mel C says, 'I can't wait for you to hear my new album.' Come round and deliver it personally then, you lazy cow. I'll offer you a kebab. You have considerably more free time then me, and I hardly think Easyjet to Rome will bust your bank.
Jerf's ideas would have made more sense about 10 years ago, as the Internet started to go ballistic. It's strange... I wanted to up my writing circa 2008, just as the web exploded. That recently, the Internet still felt like an exciting opportunity: like you'd upload an idea to Channel 4's 4laughs and legitimately put it on your CV. Now it's the opposite: if you don't have 6576987085764 things on line, you don't exist.