Taskmaster Page 4

That would be my guess as well.

Well series 3 has been moved forward from 2017 to now, thanks to series 2 doing very well. And Dave have commissioned two further series for recording and transmission in 2017, but this time each series will have eight episodes.

Great mix of comedians for series 3 - Al Murray, Dave Gorman, Paul Chowdry, Rob Beckett and Sara Pascoe - with a clear favourite to succeed series 2 champion Katherine Ryan in Al Murray after just two episodes.

As it turned out, Al Murray lost out to Rob Beckett in series 3. Sara Pascoe failed to win a single episode, but didn't come last - that dubious honour went to Paul Chowdry, and he won an episode! (What a fluke!)

Series 4 is currently in production with the studio segments to be filmed next week at Pinewood (the previous studio, Fountain in Wembley, has now closed), with what looks like another good mix of comic talent - Hugh Dennis, Mel Giedroyc, Noel Fielding, Joe Lycett and Lolly Adefope.

Anyone watching the new series?

So far so good, to me anyway. This show always makes me laugh more than I expect it to. It's just delightfully silly.

Mel is proving to be the wildcard, so far I think. She's bonkers. Noel is taking the artsy approach as I figured he would, and I think it's serving him well so far. Hugh is the slightly psychopathic cheater of the lot, which is amusing to watch. Lolly is cute, not much else to say about her yet. Who's left, Lycett? Don't have much of an opinion on him yet. Seems fine. Noel and Mel and Hugh are the highlights for me so far. Should be another good series.

(I think Noel is going to win. Just putting that out there. Hugh is definitely not going to win.)

[Should there be a thread for S4? Or am I right in reviving this thread. Or is there already a S4 thread. I didn't find one in my search.]

Been watching a rerun of series four in anticipation if series five.....and came across the outtake seen here. This is without doubt the funniest thing on TVs and is wasted languishing on Dave, although I think promotion to a more marquee channel would ruin it (the aforementioned sports people and reality stars - like what happened to WILTY).

I cannot wait for Series five to start and always hope the cast are as strong (loved Fielding, Wilkinson, Key, Brown, Giedroyc over the previous series), but think the show is made by the relationship between Greg and Alex.

Really gonna try to get tickets to watch this being filmed as I am sure it is a RIOT!!

You raise a fair point were it on a different channel, but I think this has the legs, and I reckon Dave should "sell" the already broadcast episodes of this show to be broadcast on BBC2. I know it's the reverse of what usually happens, but reckon it would work out well for all concerned.

Check out our latest news: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/2745/the_button_bbc_one_taskmaster/

Not quite what I was expecting, but I'll give it a try.

I saw a brief clip today. It's obviously a different tone as it's family-friendly, but it appears to be very much the same kinds of silly Taskmaster challenges. Definitely worth a try. :)

So the family friendly one is with non-comedians? I don't know if I like that idea. But, I'll give it a go.

Very much looking forward to Bob Mortimer on the grown-up version next month though.

I can't wait for Bob! He and Greg are always the funniest ones on Would I Lie To You, so to have them together in something has to be good.

For sure! They're the only reasons I watch any panel shows anymore, and usually just WILTY, and just for them two. And sometimes Rhod Gilbert.

Quote: Davida @ 26th August 2017, 3:54 AM

So the family friendly one is with non-comedians? I don't know if I like that idea. But, I'll give it a go.

Correct. Families and friends compete.

As well as just being funny I think one of the reason I liked it was the occasional insight into the comedians' real character. Some like Joe Wilkinson do stick to their personas a bit too much but they occasionally 'slip up'. Jon Richardson certainly came across how I always imagined him.

That he did. And I found him adorable.