Only Fools and Horses Documentary series

I couldn't find a topic on this forum relating to the upcoming 6 part series of this great comedy.

I have read the synopsis and it occasionally mentions 'rare and unseen' short sketches. I have a feeling this will be the 'rare and unseen' footage that was leaked many, many years ago (2003/2004ish) which includes a 20 minute episode entitled 'Licence to Drill', a short 5 minute scene called 'White Mice' and a handful of other short sketches/Royal variety performance.

I look forward to watching the interviews from the cast but I really hope we see some truly 'never before seen' footage. I know that many people haven't seen the unreleased sketches named above, but for many self-proclaimed hard-core fans like myself, this won't be anything new. But I appreciate that most OFAH fans would not have come across it before.

It's a shame there's no mention of John Sullivan's sons Jim and Dan either.

Look forward to it regardless!

When is it on again?
I saw an advert for it and wanted to record it but forgot when it would be on

It starts next week (Tuesday, 29th) and then the following 5 weeks on the same day.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 24th August 2017, 10:22 AM

It starts next week (Tuesday, 29th) and then the following 5 weeks on the same day.

Thanks!

A 6 part series? Isn't that a bit like flogging a dead horse (and fool!).

There's detailed episode synopses in our Guide; I think there might have been some genuinely new stuff as well, but some of the previously leaked sketches and whatnot were certainly described.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th August 2017, 7:50 PM

A 6 part series? Isn't that a bit like flogging a dead horse (and fool!).

If they are showing the full unshown eps and clips than 6 eps are probably needed. It may be overkill but OFAH is possibly the jewel in the Beeb's comedy crown, certainly in terms of audience figures, fanbase etc. so why not give it the full celebration doc thing. Dad's Army must have wheedled out at least 3 hours worth of docs and memorials over the years. At the very least! I'll be up for 6 eps on the making of OFAH for sure. Hopefully followed by a classic series ie. s2-6 peaktime re-run. Yes please. :)

Oh good.

Was that you Lazzard in the David Jason story?

Just rewatched it, it was you, you old dog. Nice one.

A 24 carat plonker.

I enjoyed the first episode. But they didn't fully show the unseen clip? We saw some of it and then it switched to the cast and crew reaction.

I was going to watch this but then I remembered I really really hate Only Fools and Horses. I hate it so much. I don't even hate it to a point where I could watch it to take the piss. I just really hate it. I really really hate it. Really, just hate it.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th September 2017, 3:29 PM

I was going to watch this but then I remembered I really really hate Only Fools and Horses. I hate it so much. I don't even hate it to a point where I could watch it to take the piss. I just really hate it. I really really hate it. Really, just hate it.

Ok Michael, you've made your point. I love it, in fact it's still my favourite sitcom, it just never seems to age at all. Love every episode of OFAH. This new documentary is also excellent - I know only 2 eps have been shown, but I've enjoyed both of them immensly. It's great to hear David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst talking about the series as well as Tessa Peake Jones and Gwyneth Strong, I cant wait to see some of the unseen outtakes and behind the scenes material in ep.5

Does anybody know if this will be getting a DVD release? Hopefully it will as I'd love to add it to my collection plus all the fans who don't have UKTV Gold will purchase it to add to their collections presumably?

Quote: G180e @ 7th September 2017, 1:21 PM

I love it

I don't. I hate it. Really. I just hate it.

Michael, perhaps you could not comment, please? It's getting really incredibly tedious seeing your unhelpful 'contributions' to threads about Only Fools And Horses, Blackadder, and whatever else, just repeating "I hate it" over and over again.