The general pop/rock - music thread Page 157

RIP Glen Campbell. :(

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th August 2017, 9:31 PM

I hear him singin' in the wire. RIP.

Wichita Lineman is played pretty much every weekend when my neighbors and I gather for beers.

Rest in peace, Glen.

I love that song. A great loss but I bought his most reason album which was a double of his greatest hits plus new versions of some covers that his family helped him record as he was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers.

RIP.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th July 2017, 2:21 PM

I'm going to see Nits again in August...again a free gig for me.

That was tonight. Very good concert. I'd like to post some pics of it but there's something wrong with my i-pad. I'll post them as soon as I (or someone who's not completely hopeless with computers) fixed the problem.

Excerpt from 'Last Interview With Tony Wilson', the last Tony Wilson interview:
'Manchester was Manchester and it was Manchester and Manchester was Manchester. And out of Manchester there came this city - Manchester - and this band - Joy Division. There couldn't have been Manchester without Manchester, or Joy Division, and I thought, F**k - this is Manchester, right? So let's - let's just have... Manchester. And that meant Joy Division, who became New Order - yeah, Manchester meant New Order too right? Gonna shoot me? Never shoot people, that's the fundamental rule of television. Never shoot. Just Manchester, New Order and New Order. And I'm like, on the telly, so I'm like, Yeah, let's put Manchester on the telly. And Joy Division, and New Order. Gonna shoot me?'

Manchester so much to answer for....

Quote: Iolanthe @ 13th August 2017, 3:16 PM

Manchester so much to answer for....

Especially United. Bloody hate them! Come on the 'Ammers!

I have to shut up about Mel C. Things will never be the same again.

KLF - Uh huh uh huh uh huh ih hih!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41022272

RIP Walter Becker. :(:(

Watched Stax concert from the Albert Hall over the weekend - brilliant!! Never thought I would get the opportunity to see Booker T and Steve Cropper again, especially seeing them jam with Green Onions. Loved it. :)

Beverley Knight !! Wow! She is still seriously HOT!! Lovey

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 3rd September 2017, 2:07 PM

RIP Walter Becker. :(:(

Sad, sad loss. One of the greats!

I'd been hoping to see Steely Dan later this year too with the Doobie Brothers.

I understand Donald Fagen is still planning to tour.

I have been rediscovering New Order's Republic. It suffers from three problems:
1. It lacks their usual personality.
2. The production is too clean and loses Hooky.
3. It is total and utter f**king shit. Really. Total, utter, complete, utter f**king total f**king shit. This total pile of f**king shit makes One Direction sound like the Sex Pistols and I can't believe how much time I've wasted on it and I wouldn't've if anyone else had made it. Total f**king utter f**king shit.

I like Republic. And I thought Hookey was on it.