I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,944

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2017, 6:13 PM

I can hardly understand what any of that means?

Slow news day and some dick with a feeble axe to grind.

Brexit might have been a conspiracy between Newsjack and Sky to prevent slow news days?

Today is 17 - 8 - 17. If you take those elements and read them backwards, it still says 17 - 8 17. So why do it?

I sit corrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtRsbMv2TL4 Ain't I sad? Still, at least I'm not quoting Blackadder. And that 'long Winter nights flying by' line.

Ha! Scumbag No 2 has left the White House.

Five down, several to go.

Quote: zooo @ 18th August 2017, 6:36 PM

Five down, several to go.

Many rats still on board of the sinking ship.

No bongs for four years? Wtf are they doing up there - you could build the whole tower in less time.
Someone has been conned.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st August 2017, 7:21 AM

No bongs for four years? Wtf are they doing up there - you could build the whole tower in less time.
Someone has been conned.

Jobs for the boys - the H of P refurb. has gone up from £2 billion to 4. Dig deep enough and you will find which consortium of MPs have the building contract for both I expect.

Pull the f**king lot down and dissolve this glorious club for scumbags I say.

Or turn it into a block of flats and have a plebiscite.

USS Indianapolis found which was torpedoed by Japs in 1945 after delivering 'the bomb' as we are told in one of the greatest movie monologues of all time. Not in the script but written on set by the actor himself and Spielberg had the intelligence to go with it. Later made into a film in its own right, it is one of the most terrifying true survival stories ever. 'I'll never put on a life jacket again'. It's a very significant find which I'm sure will get a lot of recognition from the US Navy. I believe the Microsoft owner funded it, fair play to him.

I don't give a f**k about the eclipse. Earth's full of shit as it is, why give a f**k about somewhere else too?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st August 2017, 7:21 AM

Someone has been conned.

They probably ARE mostly rebuilding the tower. It's not the clock being maintained it's the Tower, so there will be scaffolding all around it.

The silencing of the bell(s) is to protect the hearing of the workers.

The bell is founded at Whitechapel, not in the tower.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st August 2017, 10:16 AM

USS Indianapolis found which was torpedoed by Japs in 1945 after delivering 'the bomb' as we are told in one of the greatest movie monologues of all time.

The worst tragedy in American naval history: 1100 men in the water and only 300 survived. The captain was the only naval officer to be court martialed for losing his ship to enemy fire; he committed suicide years later. A few years ago the charges were expunged from his record and his name was cleared. Too late for him, though...