Most despicable sitcom character? Page 3

Den Perry, the bleeding arsonist

The thing with Larry David is that he'll do anything to get to where he needs to be.

The episode where he pretends to be a 'devout' Jew to get in favour with the man in charge of the kidney transplant list is a great example. ('the ski lift' if anyone's interested.)

He's a great character and generally very likable, but he does have some pretty despicable traits.

Blackadder

Which one?

Martin from Ever Decreasing Circles.

And the other guy (not Howard) isn't much better.

Quote: Mark W @ 19th August 2017, 10:29 PM

Martin from Ever Decreasing Circles.

And the other guy (not Howard) isn't much better.

Despicable?!..really?!.. Annoying, misguided, petty, dull, boring..any of those could be argued. But despicable?! They both have a human quality and many redeeming features. Martin can also be noble, kind etc..

What about Walter?

'Have you been?'

He never said a word.

I've always absolutely detested Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond. It's not a show I have a great amount of love for anyway, but it just seems that pretty much every problem Ray faces is because of her insufferable interference.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 21st August 2017, 9:15 AM

I've always absolutely detested Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond. It's not a show I have a great amount of love for anyway, but it just seems that pretty much every problem Ray faces is because of her insufferable interference.

Oh God, she is HORRIBLE. Her husband's not that much better either. But she is a real monster.

Sophie in Two Broke Girls. A shocking character in every way

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th August 2017, 11:59 AM

What about Walter?

'Have you been?'

He never said a word.

Laughing out loud

Every main character in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. So despicable, to a definitely sociopathic extent, but all so loveable.

Not detestable in a bad way...so maybe not suited to this thread. But Dennis is extraordinarily rapey, and sexist and murdery, Mac is homophobic (and gay), Dee tried to get on welfare by becoming addicted to crack and also pretendinng to be mentally handicapped, Frank roofied and then electrocuted his kids and like chained his them in a locked room and buried the keys to their shackles underneath their skin (I think that's what happened anyway), and Charlie poisoned the Waitress's shampoo bottle with rat poison to make her hair fall out as part of his scheme to make her let him stalk her. They all somehow have loads of redeeming qualities though that shouldn't make them....and actually, don't make them any less of scumbags.

And all of the horrible things they did to Cricket!

Quote: Davida @ 11th September 2017, 6:20 AM

Every main character in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. So despicable, to a definitely sociopathic extent, but all so loveable.

Not detestable in a bad way...so maybe not suited to this thread. But Dennis is extraordinarily rapey, and sexist and murdery, Mac is homophobic (and gay), Dee tried to get on welfare by becoming addicted to crack and also pretendinng to be mentally handicapped, Frank roofied and then electrocuted his kids and like chained his them in a locked room and buried the keys to their shackles underneath their skin (I think that's what happened anyway), and Charlie poisoned the Waitress's shampoo bottle with rat poison to make her hair fall out as part of his scheme to make her let him stalk her. They all somehow have loads of redeeming qualities though that shouldn't make them....and actually, don't make them any less of scumbags.

And all of the horrible things they did to Cricket!

That's very true, and it's a testament to McElhenney, Day and Howerton's writing skills that despite all this we still want to watch and, to an extent, care about them.

Dr Kelso in Scrubs is a horrible character but as the series progresses he becomes more likable or at least it becomes more understandable why he acts the way he does.

I saw the episode of Foolsy Horsey last night where Boycie is happy to sell a death trap motor to Del Boy knowing it's for his pregnant wife, which makes him despicable. He clearly has no conscience and probably thinks all's fair in business.

Tim from The Office. He's a bully and a creep. Two-faced, smug, cowardly and obnoxious. Despite the show trying to make him "the hero" I've always despised him.