People Just Do Nothing Page 3

I must try one of those yoghurt, avocado and chilli face-packs sometime. :)

Peanut Dust Rules! :D

"It looks a bit like a wasp." Laughing out loud

Can't believe this one trick pony lurches on to a fourth series!

I would have loved this in my early twenties, not much now.

I liked it for a while but it soon became a damp squid.

I would agree it wears thin over time, but I don't think the BCG demographic is the one they're aiming at. I hope there's a Chabuddy G spin off. For me he was the stand out character. I believe he has also won accolades for his writing. He has a very accessible sense of humour; watch that space.

Squib Tarby, Squib

Is the Beats character secretly gay - as he seems to have an unnatural obsession with Grindah?

Chabuddy G is the best thing about this show. He doesn't even need to speak and I'm laughing. Such a creep but likable.

'Beats' as a character is too David Brent - trying too hard to be Brent.

Wonder if it was filmed in Brentford as a nod to the great man himself?

The chav mum is quite hot.

I can't work out if we are supposed to feel sorry for Grindah or hate the iritating prick.

He's the lead character, and usually however they act, we are supposed to root for them. Even if they begin as a knob they usually redeem themselves.

The director (think it is Ash from office) clearly wants Grindah to be as Brent as possible except he cannot pull it off.

ChabuddyG carries this show.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th August 2017, 10:14 AM

Squib Tarby, Squib

I prefer it as squid, nice and visual.

Quote: gb901 @ 12th September 2017, 11:28 PM

Is the beats character secretly gay - as he seems to have an unnatural obsession with grindah?

Nah, I don't see it like that. I see it as Beats being quite in awe of Grindah because he sees Grindah as the man with confidence and is fooled by it. Even though Grindah is a loser and an angry, delusional brainless idiot. And because Grindah speaks the loudest in every sense, Beats is scared of him. He's bullied by him day in day out. You see Grindah having a go at him if he's not behind the decks or on board with anything.

Beats also acts like a wimp around his much older girlfriend - even though she's actually alright and not an arse hole like Grindah is.

Not a likable character, is Grindah.

Finished the whole series now.

It's basically a terrible sitcom, but I really did find Chabuddy G hilarious and likable throughout.

Mich and Grindah are such terrible people. Cringe beyond belief.

Not sure if that makes it good writing, or bad.

Anyone watched the first episode of series 5?

Much the same as before - no major character development and Chabuddy G is still the only funny character on the show. He really should have his own spin-off.

I cannot believe how much Grindah actor relentlessy mimmicks all of Brent's mannerisms and arrogance. Why did they allow this to happen? It is such a (poor) carbon copy of Brent, but the urban version. It's just painfully unfunny in my opinion.

Miche is hot. a bit simple and needs to leave Grindah. That's it really.

The Office was very influential to be fair. As mockumentaries go I thought this was pretty good.

Quote: jsg @ 17th November 2018, 4:44 PM

The Office was very influential to be fair. As mockumentaries go I thought this was pretty good.

You can forgive sitcoms and sketch shows to follow suit during and after the Office era, but it's been over a decade since.

I think what bothers me is the writers thought it was okay to completely copy Brent in every form? Not even in parts or done subtley. Argh!