What are you watching on TV? Page 2,113

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st August 2017, 9:00 AM

Incidentally, James Bolam met his wife Susan Jameson on the set of this show and they are still married.

I saw them together in the Likely Lads. I'm sure it was before this.

I did enjoy The Handmaids Tale recently. Although that woman in it does seem to only star in stuff where she's oppressed by men (Top Of The Lake, Mad Men). She needs to do a bit of man oppressing herself.

'Goldfinger'...on German tv.

Was that 'Desmond Glazebrook' from Yes Minister??!! :O

I saw the first five minutes of Big Brother and was in dispair that entertainment these days are people screaming and shouting at each other. What happened to the good days of Nasty Nick when people mostly got on and enjoyed the experience. Back then a major event would be some snidey whispers at the breakfast table but now it's constant in the face shouting matches. And people wonder why society has become more volatile.

I did some frantic channel hopping and noticed Wonders Of The Universe with the endearingly huggable keyboardist-turned-egghead Brian Cox had just started on BBC 4. He makes complicated sciency crap slighty interesting and almost understandable.

The first episode of a six parter called Astronauts: Do You Have What It Takes? was on last night and it was very good. It's about a group of hopefuls all from an academic background going though different tasks and trying not to be kicked out. It also has some big name presenters with Chris Hadfield, Dr Kevin Fong and Dr Iya Whitely.

It's basically The Apprentice with a NASA theme but it's credible.

Similar vein to 'Inside the cockpit'
Students learning to be pilots for easy-jet.

I have only watched episode 1 but it was interesting.
I loved the part where they take their first ever flight with a training plane and all the other pilots are sat in the back.

One had to have the captain take over and do a fly by before he crashed it
and another landed it like a sack of shit.

My favourite is Off their Rockers. I notice that the Sketch writers list gets longer, are we allowed to submit stuff.
I've put a sketch on critique aimed at the show. would appreciate feedback

Pointless - a repeat I think.

What a miserable cow! I don't think she smiled once. Even when she got through a round.

Look woman. It's only a quiz show! It's only a BBC quiz show so the prizes are hardly worth going for.

Last night, The Brighton Police.
Dumb armed robbers and a drugs gang got locked up but the star of the show was a drunk camp gay man.
He kept telling the arresting officer how beautiful he was
And what beautiful eyes he had.
Even the copper couldn't help laughing.

a Monty Python chat/docu/clips show from America on Yesterday (today now on the station 20 on Freeview).

"Monty Python live at Aspen."

"So you want to marry my daughter. What do you do?"

"I clean out lavatories."

"Is there any chance of promotion?"

"After five years they give me a brush!"

The delectable Dr Lucy Worsley on BBC4 debunking the Wars of the Roses.

Crap, I missed that. I wuv her

It was about the Wars of the Woses.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th September 2017, 10:01 PM

a Monty Python chat/docu/clips show from America on Yesterday (today now on the station 20 on Freeview).

"Monty Python live at Aspen."

"So you want to marry my daughter. What do you do?"

"I clean out lavatories."

"Is there any chance of promotion?"

"After five years they give me a brush!"

I saw that on Yesterday and there was a lot of new footage I had never seen. I'm sure at the start one of them, while talking backstage to someone forgets what he's talking about and says "I pulled a Terry on you". I'm guessing it was a reference to Terry Jones and I think it was recent so maybe as a group they deal with it by ribbing Terry instead of not speaking about his dementia diagnosis. It was also a shame there wasn't much Terry Jones in the documentory or at least recent interviews with him.

I also had a nice surprise this week when I discovered CBS Drama that I previously couldn't get in my area was now available so after a retune I now have it.

Question: If I don't have TV (y'know with channels and whatnot) am I allowed to say in this thread what I've been watching even if it's not a currently running show? I feel left out of the club because the only live TV I ever see are bits of ice hockey games and the occasional episode of Jeopardy (has anyone ever tried to do a UK Jeopardy? It is a fine quiz show if you're into that sort of thing).

Anyhow, not on live tv, I just finished Jam & Jerusalem for fun. Hadn't seen it before and quite enjoyed it. It was a pleasant way to wind down after some long days at work. Very lighthearted, but still some punchy humour. To me anyway.