Dear John... Page 6

Laughing out loud I love this series, and I highly recommend the box set. The only moan that I have about "DEAR JOHN", is that there wasn't enough episodes!
Kirk is one of my favourite characters, ever! And WHAT a dancer!
:D

My brother in law (who grew up in South Africa) was chatting to me about this show yesterday, but he'd only seen the US version and had no idea that it was originally a John Sullivan show.
I had much pleasure showing him a proper episode with the best Ralph.

The school building, out of which Ralph Bates and his pupils are exiting at the start of episode 4 of the 1st series, is my old school in Wimbledon (Pelham High School), albeit some 15 years after I left. It has since been turned into a block of flats. So it is always a nice exercise in nostalgia to re-watch that particular episode. The best years of my life(!)

I say you fat owl, you went to Greyfriars!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2017, 10:12 AM

I say you fat owl, you went to Greyfriars!

Oops. What a mistake-a to make-a.

Good to see this series getting recognition. John Sullivan isn't up my proverbial alley but this was a gem - s1e3 is pretty much an object lesson in sitcom writing.
I remember at the end of the first episode my mother looked up and said, 'It's obscene.' Cool, coming from someone who has since bonked the entire male population of South East England.
The American one was shit,of course.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th August 2017, 10:20 AM

Oops. What a mistake-a to make-a.

Leads BB off by the ear to see Quelch for six of the best...........................

Have rewatched the entire 2 series over the last few days. Remembered most episodes from back in the day. Amusing, nostalgic and highly enjoyable. If only the BBC still commissioned comedy like this

Just started this in my box set rotation, and had forgotten how funny it was. First episode so good I had to watch the second , which I don't normally do in one sitting.

Very funny.

Don't forget to look out for, and admire, my old school at the start of episode 4 (per my post of 14/8/17 above).

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th January 2021, 11:37 PM

Just started this in my box set rotation, and had forgotten how funny it was. First episode so good I had to watch the second , which I don't normally do in one sitting.

Very funny.

And did you have any - sexual problems?

Quote: Chappers @ 13th January 2021, 10:21 AM

And did you have any - sexual problems?

Laughing out loud I love her bringing it all round to that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th January 2021, 10:42 AM

Laughing out loud I love her bringing it all round to that.

Narrator: Chappers has never actually seen Dear John....

I always thought he was a physic.

Quote: Aaron @ 13th January 2021, 11:36 PM

Narrator: Chappers has never actually seen Dear John....

I used to watch it regularly!