BCG Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 Page 6

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th August 2017, 12:54 PM

I just had another go at joining you all but it will not let me in

ah well...

Are you sure that's the right code? On Dan's opening post the code ends in 87645, not the one in your pic.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th August 2017, 11:11 AM

Are you sure that's the right code? On Dan's opening post the code ends in 87645, not the one in your pic.

That's the Clique, the one Stephen is using if for the H2H, so that is right if that's what he's trying to enter.

A really tough captain choice for me this week, I've been flipping and occasionally flopping. I thing I'm going to stick on Kane...

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 19th August 2017, 11:27 AM

A really tough captain choice for me this week, I've been flipping and occasionally flopping. I thing I'm going to stick on Kane...

These double bluffs don't work on me anymore............. Whistling nnocently

That's nice, goal from the Man U defender I swapped for Phil Jones. It's bad enough owning Jones without already losing a goal. Angry

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 19th August 2017, 11:27 AM

I was hoping I'd be the only one - he's quite popular.

Goal from Okazaki. Had him for half the last season and he did nothing, two in two this time.

Assist for Davis who I sold. :/

As long as you don't start copying my team again like a couple of seasons ago
I'll be watching your transfers closely

I'll insert relevant pic later

Still bottom of both leagues. ;)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th August 2017, 5:51 PM

As long as you don't start copying my team again like a couple of seasons ago
I'll be watching your transfers closely

I'll insert relevant pic later

I had no choice but to take hits this week, with a very weak fourth mid and some of my team being the result of auto complete, so I'm not sorry, but I have to say I am staggered at the sheer f**king randomness of it all. Who would expect swapping Bailly for Jones to have resulted in more than a bonus point either way - instead of a difference of nine points? Or Stephens to get an assist? Crazy.

Horrible to see the blue shitbags beat the spuds. At least Spurs showed them how to tackle. Particularly enjoyed Vertongen nattily taking out Louise AND Moses with one slide like Bruce Lee in Fist of Fury. Expect to see him with Nanchukkas in the Burnley game.

No words for Alonso. What a f**king c**t. How come every other f**ker gets re-classed in their correct position this season and he's still a f**king defender? And he looks like the homo keyboard player from a shit 80s synth band. Curly haired Bridgy ponce.

You must say what you feel and mean Godot, and not hold anything back - get it off your chest. Smarmy

Talking of f**king c**ts, I see that I still haven't thought of a team name. No team name, team made up of auto complete players at the deadline. Yep, a typical Godot pre-season.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st August 2017, 3:13 PM

Talking of f**king c**ts, I see that I still haven't thought of a team name. No team name, team made up of auto complete players at the deadline. Yep, a typical Godot pre-season.

Here I am at confused.com - I feel sure if I had used auto complete/select/pick or whatever you want to call it, you would have been foaming at the mouth in a near apoplectic fit because I hadn't the nous to select my own team.

I think behind your avatar and bluff persona you are really a big pink fluffy bunny.

I did plan who I wanted to bring in - I just did it old stylee on paper. When I went to select the players - about two hours before the deadline - I found I couldn't afford half of who I wanted (including bugnuts alonso incidentally) because they'd put the prices up sky high. To cut a long story short I was till f**king about with it at the deadline so I had to go for auto complete at the risk of being excluded from the first week.

I wouldn't have been foaming at the mouth if you'd used autocomplete because it doesn't do anything clever - it just picks the player with the highest points that you can afford. You can't cheat at this game - that's the whole f**king point - it's bingo. Obviously you can severely hamper your chances of winning by picking a line-up of Liverpool defenders, Albion forwards and a Stoke mid-field, but basically it's luck.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st August 2017, 6:38 PM

Obviously you can severely hamper your chances of winning by picking a line-up of Liverpool defenders, Albion forwards and a Stoke mid-field, but basically it's luck.

Oddly, that's what I was going to do when I decided I'd had enough already after Week 1 - deciding to "commit suicide" until you talked me off the ledge. Cool

And finally shuffles papers and knocks them straight on the desk - I'm suddenly 9th in the Clique. F**king Hell.