Treacle Pudding And Custard

by Princess Indigo

Episode 2

The Kitty and the Elephant

A quirky eccentric, text-to-speech comedy series

about a Commodore 64 who turns into an elephant

and a ZX81 who thinks its a cat

https://youtu.be/-acUBqd3kk8

It's arty and has its own style but is it meant to be funny ? You may need to talk us through this one.

It's spectacularly 'out there', isn't it? There are some quite funny lines in Episode 4 - 'Who's that man with the beard and the shiny bonce?' 'That's my father, Clive Sinclaire.' The fact that the voices are computer-generated gives all the dialogue a peculiarly weightless feel - it could be comedy, tragedy or just banal, there are no 'signals' to tell you which. In that respect it's a little bit like Waiting for Godot - the bizarre mixture of moods. I've got a feeling it's probably written by someone quite young, with a penchant for randomness. There's also an identity thing going on - all the characters are one thing, but like to think or pretend that they're something else. For something that starts out by giving off an 'impossible to listen to' vibe, it's really quite mesmerising.

you know what you got something going on here. I'm always on look out for collaborators for our Bronco Land channel, and would love to help you out. Drop me an email alexrpostings@gmail.com.