Status report Page 5,982

Quote: Lee @ 12th August 2017, 9:07 PM

Thanks all. No silly outfit or top hat, only a silly face.

You can't help that can you!

Congrats.

It's what makes me so charming.

Quote: Lee @ 12th August 2017, 11:51 AM

This week Lee has mostly been getting married.

Confratulations mate

Congrats Lee. Will Cam has been in the Lake District for a week.

Congrats from me too.

Ah, the joys of marriage.

Quote: Lee @ 12th August 2017, 11:51 AM

This week Lee has mostly been getting married.

It's nice to see my kids finally get a father. Well done mate.<3

:D

You should not be posting on here in your honeymoon week

You should be on the nest.

I was looking on HM Gov website to see when I could claim National Pension. It says quote "a man born on or after 6 April 1951".

I've a feeling that may be wrong but maybe we are all entitled.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2017, 6:09 PM

I was looking on HM Gov website to see when I could claim National Pension. It says quote "a man born on or after 6 April 1951".

I've a feeling that may be wrong but maybe we are all entitled.

What it actually says, I think you'll find, is: "You'll be able to claim the NEW state pension if you're a man born on or after 6 April 1951 or a woman born on or after 6 April 1953"

With the emphasis on the NEW state pension.

Men born before 6 April 1951 will not be able to claim the NEW state pension and will, instead, only be entitled under the OLD criteria.

It doesn't mean you can claim it now; it means that that's the system under which you will be able to claim when you become eligible.

If you want to check the date at which you will become entitled to the state pension (or indeed to a bus pass) this is the link you need:

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

I read that about 6 times and I couldn't see what they were getting at.

OK - maybe what you say makes sense but it isn't really clear - is it?

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2017, 11:52 PM

I read that about 6 times and I couldn't see what they were getting at.

OK - maybe what you say makes sense but it isn't really clear - is it?

It's typical of the government's explanation of things. Since retiring and my wife's disability I have had to read many leaflets/sheets that "explain" but finish up confusing as they go about it in a roundabout way and get themselves and you lost.

And to rub salt in the wound, it usually says at the bottom "Complies with the Plain English Campaign". >_< About as clear as a lump of dog poo.

There's more than one occasion where I have had to ring up for them to clarify it and when the penny has dropped I have said to them "Well, why didn't it bloody well say that in the first place !?"

Just taken delivery of my first new cooker for 32 years. Took the opportunity twixt disconnection & re-installation to hoover up 32 years' dust, dead woodlice (& pasta...) He said he'd seen worse!

Coincidently given the identity of the last poster, I've just started rereading But for Bunter by David Hughes.

I couldn't post on here last night and kept getting an error "you do not have permission to post on our forums" and just wondering why that is. Was it a fault with the website?