BCG Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 Page 5

Quote: A Horseradish @ 13th August 2017, 1:49 PM

Oh well, It's the taking part that counts.

The main thing really is "are you still enjoying it?"

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fc/78/94/fc7894b925a979aeed9367e49210b944--art-afro-define-art.jpg

Still !?!? It hasn't started for me yet. Angry

Well done you by the way :D ................so far. Whistling nnocently Some of us remember last season. ;)

Unsure as to who would start, I used my bench boost chip, which for the first time actually helped: Hegazi and Zanka scored well.

My other GW1 punts didn't work out: Fabregas, Speroni, Solanke and Gamez.

Van Aanholt and Zaha were also negatives: the former for his gloryhunting wanderings across the pitch and the latter because he is a marked man. Every opposition team will try to disable him - he left the ground on crutches yesterday and I can't see him avoiding a serious injury, sooner or later.

So.. with all this in mind and unsure as to my future capability to get online, I've wildcarded.

Have fun people and be nice to each other. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th August 2017, 11:10 PM

Disaster. Utter f**king disaster. What was I thinking of ? AND leaving Lukaku on the bench?!?!? Wha? I must have been off my head on something at the time.

Can't get over it.........................and it's only Week 1. :( Feel like chucking it in already.

AND I can see what is going to happen next...................Lukaku is going to have a wonderful start by scoring a hat-trick and earning a gazillion points. Rub salt into the would - bound to happen.

As for Fabregas - well, f**k him.

What did I tell yer!? Wasn't a hat trick but nearly and I would have played him as captain (26 f**king missed points ) IF I had engaged brain last week.

OI!! Who is that sniggering at the back?!?!?!

Swings and roundabouts. Took out Eriksen, brought in Lukaku, then gave him the captain's armband from Kane.

Back in 4th.

Quote: Splodge @ 13th August 2017, 9:25 PM

Swings and roundabouts.

Nah, I went big-time and took the self inflicted helter-skelter.

Bottom of the Cllique and H2H.

If anyone sings "Things Can Only Get Better" I will have to put their lights out.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th August 2017, 11:10 PM

Disaster. Utter f**king disaster. What was I thinking of ? AND leaving Lukaku on the bench?!?!? Wha? I must have been off my head on something at the time.

Can't get over it.........................and it's only Week 1. :( Feel like chucking it in already.

AND I can see what is going to happen next...................Lukaku is going to have a wonderful start by scoring a hat-trick and earning a gazillion points. Rub salt into the would - bound to happen.

As for Fabregas - well, f**k him.

First of all - don't chuck it in. It's week 1.

There's also nothing wrong with your team - Batshitboy is a good pick (I had him in my team GW1 last season). All you did was play Fuchs instead of Lukaku. Which is strange, but it's only one player. Buying a Stoke defender is also a bit strange, but nevertheless I don't think it's an 'utter f**king disaster'. That team will get you good points.

Quote: SSTT @ 13th August 2017, 7:46 PM

Unsure as to who would start, I used my bench boost chip, which for the first time actually helped: Hegazi and Zanka scored well.

My other GW1 punts didn't work out: Fabregas, Speroni, Solanke and Gamez.

Van Aanholt and Zaha were also negatives: the former for his gloryhunting wanderings across the pitch and the latter because he is a marked man. Every opposition team will try to disable him - he left the ground on crutches yesterday and I can't see him avoiding a serious injury, sooner or later.

So.. with all this in mind and unsure as to my future capability to get online, I've wildcarded.

Have fun people and be nice to each other. :)

I'm intrigued by this SSTT. Your profile says you're in Southampton, not Mosul. Why are you unsure about your future capacity to get online?

I have to say I think you wasted your bench boost chip.

Quote: Splodge @ 13th August 2017, 9:25 PM

Swings and roundabouts. Took out Eriksen, brought in Lukaku, then gave him the captain's armband from Kane.

Back in 4th.

That could be your lot from Lukaku for three or four weeks. Kane had two reasonable attempts and hit the post so I can't complain.

What do you think of the pricing? It used to be that a good fifth mid was out of the question - at the moment it looks like a good fourth is out too.

I think they've made the game less enjoyable. I played around with the transfers yesterday and I can't put together a good team - it's about three mill too much.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2017, 7:21 AM

Nah, I went big-time and took the self inflicted helter-skelter.

Bottom of the Cllique and H2H.

If anyone sings "Things Can Only Get Better" I will have to put their lights out.

At least you're in the H2H. :(

Don hasn't been around much
Hope he's ok

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th August 2017, 12:50 PM

First of all - don't chuck it in. It's week 1.

There's also nothing wrong with your team - Batshitboy is a good pick (I had him in my team GW1 last season). All you did was play Fuchs instead of Lukaku. Which is strange, but it's only one player. Buying a Stoke defender is also a bit strange, but nevertheless I don't think it's an 'utter f**king disaster'. That team will get you good points.

Thank you for your confidence booster coach, but it still grieves me that I had a complete brain disengagement and left Lukaku on the bench. It wasn't a strange decision, just me completely not thinking straight. I have gone over it in my head and cannot explain what the f**k I was thinking about at the time.

As for Pieters, he did quite well for me last season, so I don't know why you are querying him. Ake in your team doesn't look as though he is going to set the world alight and if it's Stoke players you have a thing about I'll keep my beady eye on you to see if you make a move for one. ;)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th August 2017, 12:50 PM

What do you think of the pricing? It used to be that a good fifth mid was out of the question - at the moment it looks like a good fourth is out too.

I think they've made the game less enjoyable. I played around with the transfers yesterday and I can't put together a good team - it's about three mill too much.

I've gone quite top heavy on strikers so that's had an impact, but it was definitely tougher this time. After the reshuffle, my second midfielder was a £7m Fabregas, and after that I just went for largely unfancied picks who've previously shown good form (and Carroll).

Also, there's not many (or even any) £4m defenders who actually get game time. Huddersfield even had a £5m one in their ranks.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2017, 9:50 AM

Thank you for your confidence booster coach, but it still grieves me that I had a complete brain disengagement and left Lukaku on the bench. It wasn't a strange decision, just me completely not thinking straight. I have gone over it in my head and cannot explain what the f**k I was thinking about at the time.

As for Pieters, he did quite well for me last season, so I don't know why you are querying him. Ake in your team doesn't look as though he is going to set the world alight and if it's Stoke players you have a thing about I'll keep my beady eye on you to see if you make a move for one. ;)

If it helps Herc, I only hold you partially responsible for what happened to Fabregas over the weekend.

Quote: Splodge @ 15th August 2017, 10:34 AM

If it helps Herc, I only hold you partially responsible for what happened to Fabregas over the weekend.

Checks if gas bill has been paid.................... Teary

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2017, 9:50 AM

I also had Pieters last season. I rate him as a player, it's just Stoke has terrible fixtures. Ake is worth his weight in gold - you'll see.

I just had another go at joining you all but it will not let me in

ah well...

Well that doesn't make sense - have a word with Dan.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th August 2017, 12:45 PM

I also had Pieters last season. I rate him as a player, it's just Stoke has terrible fixtures. Ake is worth his weight in gold - you'll see.

I presume you mean Stoke has terrible fixtures in the early part of the season, and again I will keep my beady eye out for Ake and see what he does for you. I know how you love to double bluff punters in believing you are giving them good pointer you naughty boy. ;)

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 14th August 2017, 1:37 PM

At least you're in the H2H. :(

Dunno whether you are winding me up, but if not you are not missing anything as personally I preferred it when only BCG teams were entered - now we seem to have all and sundry.
Spoilt it for me. :(