Status report Page 5,981

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th August 2017, 9:35 PM

Herc

So so sorry to trouble you again but what is the best technique for riding on a butterfly's wings over the Amazon while wearing star spangled boots and a green and yellow cape?

And what is the most useful butterfly in that situation?

First find a Barsoom butterfly.

I'm brewing 10 gallons of beer and putting a previous batch of 10 gallons into kegs. There's nothing like standing next to a roaring propane burner and doing heavy lifting for a few hours in the 95F/35C Texas summertime heat.

Quote: DaButt @ 11th August 2017, 5:55 PM

There's nothing like standing next to a roaring propane burner and doing heavy lifting for a few hours in the 95F/35C Texas summertime heat.

That makes you enjoy the beer all the more.

14C and rainy here.

:(

Glad it's cooled down a bit and I've been able to light some candles tonight. I think I've been suspended or my account deleted by Facebook. I'm not that fussed if I have because my facebook love affair was in 2007 when I was jobless and on it 24/7 but now I log on once in the evening but rarely post on there anymore. I'm more bovvered by the fact I haven't done anything wrong. I posted a photo I took last week of a cardboard box with some pillows in it that had been fly tipped in the street because it looked like it had a face on it. One of those human faces from inanimate objects posts. Completely harmless. A friend posted that it looked like a decapitated (certain president) which was also a harmless remark and accurate because it did as it was resting on the pavement. I replied saying how I could see the similarity and that was that. Everyone went home and had their tea.

A few days later I try to log in and I get a message saying there is a security issue with my account and I need to upload a photo of myself which will be verified and the account re-instated. I've been reading about other people who had to do that and never got a reply and had no way of contacting anyone to discuss it. I think someone has reported the cardboard box comment or it was detected by facebook. I can understand really because the word 'decapitate' isn't a nice word but I didn't blimming well say it. Oh well, I wont cry if I dont get access to the account again but there will be a few photos and videos I've lost.

Damn box.

This week Lee has mostly been getting married.

Quote: Lee @ 12th August 2017, 11:51 AM

:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3dQ0nnlHY

Congratulations Lee.

Congrats!!

Can't help loving that little girl in the AA advert.

No - NOT in that way!

Happy nuptials Lee

Pics!
Especially if you were in any kind of top hat/silly outfit situation.

Congrats Lee and Happy Honeymoon!

Quote: Chappers @ 12th August 2017, 5:24 PM

Can't help loving that little girl in the AA advert.

No - NOT in that way!

She's cute but it's not very realistic because when I was that age if I was merrily singing away and the engine light came on forcing my dad to pull off the motorway I would get "WILL YOU SHUT UP YOU LITTLE FUCKER I'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE CAR HERE".

Thanks all. No silly outfit or top hat, only a silly face.

Congrats Lee!

Coo, congrats.