Count Arthur Strong - Series 3 (TV) Page 5

Loved this show, they moved it around, missed weeks, and generally left it feeling unloved and unwanted. The BBC once more shows it does not have the faith or patience to nurture a mainstream comedy. They have given up on comedy gold here. If they had given up on One Foot or Only Fools at the same points they would be as forgotten as My Good Wife now.

I agree the beeb make it very hard to follow favourite shows with this disgustingly disloyal approach to programming they are increasingly showing. But it doesn't stop the production co. taking it to another broadcaster so technically it doesn't have to be the end of CAS. I personally preferred the radio version to what this became in Linehan's hands but do think Delaney and Arthur have good televisual potential.

What about Arthur hosting a C4 chat show?

Just rewatched the whole three series back to back over the last few days during isolation. I have to say, I'd forgotten how funny some of the episodes were in particular 'The Radio Play' from Series 1 and 'The Day The Clocks Went Back' from Series 2. It was such a crying shame that this show never really found a place in the schedules, every series of it suffered from being on at the wrong time or wrong channel.

They did the right thing though to end it after three series, the third series is most notably the weakest of the three. However, I wouldn't say no to a one-off Christmas Special in the future...

See I thought the opposite

Series 1 was largely awful

Series 2 was an improvement but still not quite right

Then bang! Series 3 nailed it - very very funny

Then the bastards went and cancelled it

Bloody idiots

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th April 2020, 1:23 PM

See I thought the opposite

Series 1 was largely awful

Series 2 was an improvement but still not quite right

Then bang! Series 3 nailed it - very very funny

Then the bastards went and cancelled it

Bloody idiots

Interesting to hear. Even if a fourth did go ahead, Graham Linehan wasn't interested in writing any further episodes so I dare say Steve Delaney would have carried it on by himself but like you say the idiots went and cancelled it.

This episode is hilarious

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5rszdg