Lesser known sitcoms starring sitcom greats Page 3

More of a sketch show?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 6th August 2017, 6:49 PM

More of a sketch show?

His Lordship Entertains? No, pure sitcom.

What about the sketches? Rolling eyes

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 6th August 2017, 10:42 PM

What about the sketches? Rolling eyes

What are you talking about?

Have you actually seen the show, Aaron? It's full of sketches!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th August 2017, 12:55 PM

Have you actually seen the show, Aaron? It's full of sketches!

Either we are discussing different programmes, or our ideas of sketches are very different.

Fairly sure they cut away to sketches in the show, I think Jo Kendall is in one, playing a secret assination.

EDIT: Just seen an episode where the characters run a hotel and it has no sketches. Maybe only the earlier series had the sketches?

Quote: Ben @ 18th April 2016, 9:13 PM

How on earth did I completely miss Believe Nothing?

And Timothy West is always worth a watch.

I attended the studio recording of that in Teddington. I recall it being OK, but nothing hugely funny.

Tripper's Day with Leonard Rossiter, Potter with Arthur Lowe, Jimmy Edwards in Sir Yellow, Roy Kinnear in the controversial Hardwicke House, which was pulled after two shows although a full series was filmed. Sadly the show with Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson has never been broadcast.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th August 2017, 3:25 PM

Fairly sure they cut away to sketches in the show, I think Jo Kendall is in one, playing a secret assination.

EDIT: Just seen an episode where the characters run a hotel and it has no sketches. Maybe only the earlier series had the sketches?

There was only one series. You must be confusing it with something else.

You have me thinking now! Frankie Howerd in Whoops Baghdad, A Touch Of The Casanovas and Up The Convicts. Clive Dunn in My Old Man. Sid James in George And The Dragon and Two In Clover. Hattie Jacques in Our House, I need to stop now

Richard O'Sullivan in Alcock And Gander.

His Lordship Entertains was a sitcom featuring Lord Rustless from his Hark at Barker series. A character Barker seemed fond of. He did do a sketch show on radio called Lines from my Grandfathers forehead. Barker was also in Clarence for one series before retiring. David Jason was also in His Lordship and also in A Sharp Intake of Breath and The Secret Life of Edgar Briggs and The Bodyguard

Quote: Aaron @ 10th August 2017, 6:09 PM

There was only one series. You must be confusing it with something else.

Yes, I think his confusing it with Hark At Barker.

Ahh, that would be it then! :)