Amazon comedy submissions Page 3

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 7th August 2017, 8:25 AM

Submitted on Thursday...rejected on Saturday.

Making love by Sunday?

I wish...

I guarantee no-one is reading these.

Nice to see my records still intact. I think there should also be a new title for longest, which it seems I'm also winning.Says in my profile still evaluating. Maybe the weekend like playfull said has got in the way as I submitted at ten at night on Thursday. Out of interest Chris what time did you submit your work?

Amazon Studios opens in about 10 minutes, so expecting to be culled in about 11 minutes.

Anyone made their submission 'public'? I think i will when the axe falls.

Also anyone used the on site script software?

I'll have a read of that playfull when you do. have you read any of the other work that's up on Amazon?

My submission went through at 9.11am on Thursday.
To be fair, I submitted a partly completed script so really had no chance of success. I'll perhaps submit a full script soon.

My script has just gone from evaluating to complete all most to the second they must of walked through the door. Don't know what happened to step 4 the deciding. Maybe there wasn't much of it to do Just waiting for the dreaded email.

Got the email 18.01.

49 hours and 5mins.

Made my submission public. Interested to see if anyone reads/rates it.

https://studios.amazon.com/projects/167020

It has had 4 downloads. 1 from Amazon and i assume 3 from here - feel free to rate honestly! It is an old/dated effort, so I won't be offended.

I am interested to see if it gets any 'organic' downloads from amidst the large number of scripts on the Amazon site.

Read somewhere that they are looking for shorter 30 min comedies. But not traditional sit com style. They basically want a 'film' told in 6 or seven episodes. But then of course they want it to have the potential to run and run, they are really after the binge watching market.

So off to write one of those then...

And don't forget your show bible - https://screencraft.org/2017/05/08/create-perfect-show-bible/

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th August 2017, 11:33 AM

I guarantee no-one is reading these.

Why?

Have just submitted mine and am intrigued about how long it'll be before the rejection.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 8th August 2017, 9:35 AM

Why?

Perhaps guarantee is a bit strong.
But here we have a massive US corporation, receiving, by the look of things, thousands of submissions.
So - are there hundreds of readers just waiting for stuff to pop into their inbox?
If so, why say we will "try" to get to your submission within 90 days?
I would be shouting to the rafters that we get back to you within 48 hours - a selling point all on it's own
And four plucky Brits - all from the same on-line community - all happen to get their stuff straight to the top of the pile?
Ever tried to get stuff read by even a middling UK production company? A month is good for any sort of feedback - and I'm not talking unsolicited - this is with a producer already on board.
I should imagine there is an automatic page count cull, maybe even a straight rejection of anything in a category they are already oversubscribed in.
And, believe me, this is not the conspiracy theory of someone who feels their work has been unfairly judged - it was literally an experiment because I couldn't believe the response time the other guys were getting.
The overall tone of the site seems to be about engaging the public in their new projects and updating viewers about their ongoing development. That and building a decent mailing list of discerning customers (we are writers after all!).
I maybe wrong.

Quote: Bellylaugh @ 8th August 2017, 11:06 AM

Have just submitted mine and am intrigued about how long it'll be before the rejection.

Me too!

Very interesting Lazzard.