The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 12

RIP Hywell Bennett

I used to love Shelly:(

...And Robert Hardy (aged 91). RIP

All the actors from when I was young.

My sister really fancied HB but the last time I saw him on TV he was really fat and bloated. It may have been New Tricks.The first thing I remember RH in was one of those BBC Sunday tea-time dramas in the 1960s. I think it may have been "The River Flows East".

RIP to both.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2017, 7:50 PM

RIP to both.

Amen to that.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd August 2017, 6:34 PM

...And Robert Hardy (aged 91). RIP

Siegfried Farnon was one of the best characters ever to grace British TV. Nobody did acerbic pomposity with gravitas greater than Robert Hardy.

Siegfried Farnon was described in the James Herriot books as mercurial. In't that a grand word

RIP

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th August 2017, 10:27 AM

Siegfried Farnon was described in the James Herriot books as mercurial. In't that a grand word

Eeeee by gum, t'were reet grand lad. An'twere marchin' band ont'village green too wit t'Maurice dancin'. (Aye, weret' bit worried bout t'Maurice.)

Proper Yorkshire translation Hercules.
Eeee by gum, it were reyt grand lad. The wa't marchin band on't village gree'an too wi't Maurice dancin..

Well I wasn't far out, and that's only 'cos I was using an out of date Yorkshire phrase book.

no it wasn't bad bor

Quote: Kenneth @ 4th August 2017, 7:03 AM

Siegfried Farnon was one of the best characters ever to grace British TV. Nobody did acerbic pomposity with gravitas greater than Robert Hardy.

Yes, he was very good. Can't beat a bit of LOTSW.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th August 2017, 9:57 AM

no it wasn't bad bor

Cor blass, un they warn't bad oither.

RIP Frank Vincent
A great American/italian actor best known for playing gangsters.

He played Phil Leotardo in The Sopranos and scared the crap out of me.

Only just made the news now, although she died nearly a year ago (how really sad) - Sabrina the late 1950s 42-18-36 blonde bombshell who found fame on the Arthur Askey show.

And yes, (Chappers :P) I only just remember her and the time she came to open the first coffee shop in our town in about 1958.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4979010/The-sad-picture-Sabrina-British-Marilyn-Monroe.html