I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,939

The story I read didn't mention transgender people trying to use entry to the military to finance the transition and that kind of behaviour could be considered fraudulent but if that was the case then the decision should be to resist a blanket ban and instead explore other options like removing or changing financial aid criteria but this can't be to those already undergoing treatement as that would be very unfair. The costs involved must also be a minute fraction considering this is a minority group so it really highlights how there are those who understand gender identity issues and those who think it's a storm in a teacup.

I didn't realise it also includes serving staff and if it means they lose their jobs it's an outrage. I don't think el president has realised the effect on moral this will have and it's probably against human rights, unconstitutional and breaks all kinds of other laws but no-one in the inner circle will put their hand up and tell him that.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 27th July 2017, 12:20 AM

The story I read didn't mention transgender people trying to use entry to the military to finance the transition

I haven't seen mention of that anywhere either.

Trump's most likely doing it purely because it's something Obama implemented. He's that petty.

And it's no accident that it's distracting everyone from the Russia story/whatever other current dramas he wants to downplay.

Quote: zooo @ 27th July 2017, 12:33 AM

I haven't seen mention of that anywhere either.

Trump's most likely doing it purely because it's something Obama implemented. He's that petty.

And it's no accident that it's distracting everyone from the Russia story/whatever other current dramas he wants to downplay.

Too true. He's a total self-seeking bastard and I still say I don t understand any decent, intelligent person voting for him. Basically it was prejudiced, thickos.

What about 'flat footers'? They can't join either.
You can't always have what you want in this world.
There must be a reason for his decision. It's easier for haters to assume it's ignorance or whatever other epithet they chose to brandish.

The poster above even says if you agree or like Trump, you are mentally sub-normal.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th July 2017, 7:41 AM

There must be a reason for his decision. It's easier for haters to assume it's ignorance or whatever other epithet they chose to brandish.

Okay. What is the reason then?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th July 2017, 7:41 AM

What about 'flat footers'? They can't join either..................There must be a reason for his decision.

Trans gender sounds like someone is crossing a boarder, Trump doesn't like that. Actually Zoo's explanation sound the most likely.

Possibly hormones. Any hormonal implant treatment or gender changing surgery leads to hormone imbalances which can affect moods and emotional responses, energy levels etc. I've had severe hormonal imbalance myself due to medical condition and the mood swings are horrendous. I can tell you the military doesn't like unreliable moods and responses from soldiers at any time and won't tolerate it in combat. They have trouble training some men to be reliably consistent in battle conditions, so transgenders may worry them more.

This together with PTSD and being sued for the problems caused by their inoculation drug and the cases of mistreatment are draining the military coffers. It may not be highly PC but I can easily see why transgender recruits would ring alarm bells with the commanders right now. They believe our national security is more important than the diversity quotas for an extreme minority. They would have recommended this to Trump, whether it pleases his prejudices or not. It's definitely come from the military who opposed Obama's directive.

It didn't occur to me before until I saw the war graves re the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele on the news this morning, but it is amazing how all those gravestones are all so perfectly lined up (even going round a curve), and yet if you look at any modern lawn cemetery the gravestones are leaning in all directions.

Why is that? Why can't they get it right now?

Very simply because civic cemeteries aren't run by the military. If you're trying to get seven thousand headstones into one plot of land then it pays to have some order about it. Plus this lining up effect resembles the lines they kept impeccably to on parade, so it's in thankful recognition of that duty. It doesn't please everyone though, many tire of the military obsession for order even after death, so it does have critics nowdays.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st July 2017, 9:35 AM

the Battle of Passchendaele.........all those gravestones are all so perfectly lined up (even going round a curve), and yet if you look at any modern lawn cemetery the gravestones are leaning in all directions.

Why is that?

Because the army has deep pockets ?

I believe it is down to the excellent work of the commonwealth war graves commission. http://www.cwgc.org/

What is the role of the President or any head of state?
In my book it is to allow the people to prosper and have the best life they can.
To keep them safe from aliens who wish to harm them.
To make sure there is an adequate healthcare system.
And to have freedom of speech and actions.

Which of these is he falling down on?

Quote: playfull @ 31st July 2017, 1:08 PM

I believe it is down to the excellent work of the commonwealth war graves commission. http://www.cwgc.org/

Clearly "excellent" as with every military cemetery I have seen the gravestones are precisely in line, and yet your local council can't even get one right it seems.

Do we have a grave-diggers on this forum?
:D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st July 2017, 3:43 PM

Clearly "excellent" as with every military cemetery I have seen the gravestones are precisely in line, and yet your local council can't even get one right it seems.

The military has a penchant for order and uniformity. Other cemeteries aren't quite as rigorous. Military cemeteries are heavily and expensively maintained as shrines/monuments by governments. Community cemeteries are typically strapped for cash, and once they're full there's no more money coming in. Add in a few centuries of weathering and neglect and they can look pretty sad, but I kind of enjoy the old, weathered, look. But it saddens me when there are stones which are so weathered that the inscriptions can no longer be read. The whole point of a tombstone is to remember the person who is buried beneath it.

Will you do the Fandango?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40782299