BCG Fantasy Premier League 2017/18

New thread for this season. I've set the league up again. You should be able to join if you renew your teams. If not, code to join is 360827-87645.

There is a strong possibility you have been renewed, if you were in the league last year.

I've also created a Head-to-Head league (BCG H2H). Code is:
360827-87677

For newbies, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Create a login, then create a team, then click on 'leagues' >> then 'Join a League' >> then enter the code 360827-87645.

For oldies, note any new rules. And tell me, cos I've not read through them yet.

Enjoy and encourage members to join.

Ta

Dan

Thanks Dan...................I knew there was something missing in my life. My life? That's a laugh - still I'm sure Godot will amuse with his usual wit.

(It's a compliment G, before you get over-excited and take it as a slur)
Godot Console Me

Hello again everyone Wave

I see they've got rid of the (rubbish) All Out Attack chip and replaced it with a 'free hit' - this will be a good help to all you part-timers who don't strategically plan for double game-weeks Geek

https://www.premierleague.com/news/436425

I have no idea why I've spent ages picking a team already given it will change 90% in the week before GW1!

Welcome back ppl. Let's see how long we can keep it friendly.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 17th July 2017, 1:14 PM

Welcome back ppl. Let's see how long we can keep it friendly.

Who are you starin' at ?! Angry

I've joined too
Lacking on staying power - but ya never know

I'm in for a threesome - BCG, BCG Clique and the Herc-to-Herc.

Good luck everybody (not).

*returns to watching live streams of friendly games from unknown training pitches somewhere in Europe*

It looks like I am automatically in the same two as last year - BCG and clique - but I forgot to join the H2H last year so I have put in the code for that one and joined it too. I am now officially Horse Radish rather than Horse Radish's Dad as Horse Radish's Dad has lost his mind but it is important to note that a poor performance doesn't necessarily indicate that I have been involved personally. That's because my real name is A Horseradish which is a different sort of notion entirely.

Horseradish - are you a cultivar, or the wild variety?

Been watching some of those Premier-League-on-tour 'friendly' games to try and get an edge in the Clique league.

Watched Fortuna Dusseldorf v Brighton from a training pitch somewhere in Austria. Brighton looked awful. They'll need a transfer window miracle to stay up.

Watched Palace v Liverpool from Hong Kong. Although it grieves me to say so, Palace looked poor, so that's Benteke out of my provisional squad. A couple of Liverpool players looked interesting, though.

Palace v WBA tomorrow. Liverpool v Leicester at the weekend. Roll on the glorious 12th.

Quote: SSTT @ 20th July 2017, 6:02 PM

Been watching some of those Premier-League-on-tour 'friendly' games to try and get an edge in the Clique league.

Watched Fortuna Dusseldorf v Brighton from a training pitch somewhere in Austria. Brighton looked awful. They'll need a transfer window miracle to stay up.

Watched Palace v Liverpool from Hong Kong. Although it grieves me to say so, Palace looked poor, so that's Benteke out of my provisional squad. A couple of Liverpool players looked interesting, though.

Palace v WBA tomorrow. Liverpool v Leicester at the weekend. Roll on the glorious 12th.

................... phew, lucky I haven't picked my final team yet...........so that's Benteke I need to scrub from my provisional sheet and..........no BHA players.......................

Er so TT! Who are your tips for this season? Cool Just wondered, you know. Just as a matter of interest? Just between friends, if you know what I mean. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st July 2017, 8:21 AM

................... phew, lucky I haven't picked my final team yet...........so that's Benteke I need to scrub from my provisional sheet and..........no BHA players.......................

Er so TT! Who are your tips for this season? Cool Just wondered, you know. Just as a matter of interest? Just between friends, if you know what I mean. Whistling nnocently

Well Herc.. I could reel off a stream of names such as Rogers, Papin, Boksic etc. but I feel that's already too much information. Then again, I could advise you to wait until the publication of Gerry's team.. and then copy it..

But if I were to give you just one piece of advice, it would be to never ever do a sheep impression down the pub - you might get baaaed.

Good luck with your team selections. :)

Stylee.

Quote: SSTT @ 20th July 2017, 6:02 PM

Horseradish - are you a cultivar, or the wild variety?

I'm not a cultivar because there is no hint of a posh accent - sound classless but no real money ever in the family and the toffs can easily spot the oik in the family background in a few vowels. Had I been born 15 years earlier I would have been the absolute grammar school kid. Identify with the Galton and Simpsons and John Sullivan at least in their outlook.

I have a thing about maintaining standards especially in entertainment whatever they may be even if it means hammering a lot of organisation into whatever occurs but am also unpredictable to the point of wild, The behaviour can look like Club Ibiza "and who would have thought it as it isn't him" but emanates from emotional anxiety and the need to stand up to it.

Cheers!

(On the basis of the comments, I'm going to go back yet again and may have to remove Zaha, Benteke and a certain 4.5)

Quote: SSTT @ 21st July 2017, 4:13 PM

But if I were to give you just one piece of advice, it would be to never ever do a sheep impression down the pub - you might get baaaed.

>_<

Ting, Ting! Hold tight please!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 21st July 2017, 6:25 PM

On the basis of the comments, I'm going to go back yet again and may have to remove Zaha, Benteke and a certain 4.5

No no! Keep Zaha!

And maybe keep your 4.5 too. Hmmm.. who's the 4.5, I ask myself. Hmmm..

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st July 2017, 11:16 PM

Er so TT! Who are your tips for this season? Cool

I forgot to tell you Herc - remember this name:

Edson Arantes do Nascimento

If you ever see him come up on FPL, buy him like a shot.

;)

I think it's worth mentioning I won the H2H last season as no else did! Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud