Wit

Loads of "Laugh" threads of varying subjects and quality...............and now mostly dead, so I couldn't find anything for this - the People With Sharp Retorts or Oscar Wilde thread.

Have been buying mealworms for bird feeders (which they seem to love by the way AND are expensive!) and I often pondered where the gazillions of these little dead worms come from as you can buy a small plastic bucket of them up to 25Kg sackfuls, which is an effin' lot of mealworms!!

So, various people on Amazon had wondered about where they came from too and how they were killed, and to the (Buddhist?) lady who was very concerned as to how they were dispatched, some other wag had posted "by lethal injection", which I thought was quite funny. :D

I used to go to the pub Sunday lunchtime and there was a bloke there that had the quickest wit I have ever known.
Every line was a belly laugh.
I wish I had recorded him, there would be the funniest sitcom lines right there.
There was a man with not much hair who came in and he was obviously self conscious of it, our man never missed a chance.
I can only remember a few of the lines... such as
'My God, it's baldylocks and the three hairs.
This went on each week until he came in wearing a man wig.
Our man was temporally silenced, then
Look it's Toupee Turtle. (A reference to a cartoon at the time)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st July 2017, 5:39 PM

'My God, it's baldylocks and the three hairs.

Laughing out loud Like it.