Worst 10 British sitcoms ever Page 21

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th June 2017, 6:07 PM

In the style of Spencer Kelly, here are my list of worst sitcoms:

1. Hancock's Half Hour
2. Steptoe and Son
3. Dad's Army (but has since been improved by the recent film)
4. Fawlty Towers
5. Blackadder
6. Red Dwarf
7. Only Fools & Horses
8. The Good Life
9. Toast of London
10. On The Buses

Nothing personal, I assure you.

I don't know why I am getting involved as I find this type of thread/list totally pointless, for e.g. your list of top ten worst could almost be my top ten of the best - changing three of them.

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd July 2017, 5:28 PM

Big Top

No, you want something less well written than this. Sorry, but it must be possible.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 4th July 2017, 7:31 AM

No, you want something less well written than this. Sorry, but it must be possible.

Sexxx.

The Persuasionists
We Are Klang
Lab Rats
Drifters - Watchable but desperate at same time
London Irish
House Of Fools - Not terrible but an indulgence of irritating twats
Life Of Riley
My Hero
Phoneshop
In With The Flynns - No worse than LOR or My Family but team written by yanks and badly. Grrr

All in last few years, add the swarm of non funny comdrams in our sitcom slot and you want to cut your wrists. :(

I like House Of Fools. Not their best work, sure. But everyone involved is wonderful, and the episode with the giant panty eating moth makes me happy. And the ghost hunting and Christmas episodes because they have Reece Shearsmith in them. Daniel Simonsen is hilarious. Wish he was doing the Fringe this year. And Dan Renton Skinner for that matter. They're both splendidly weird.

(Also I disapprove of this thread on principle. This is supposed to be a place for enjoying comedy. Enjoying hating comedy seems self-defeating.)

I see that Allo 'Allo! appears here very often. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?
:O

Quote: DaleBale @ 19th July 2017, 12:30 PM

They're insane is how!

To be honest I have not seen every sitcom. There are some I have not yet got round to watching or I just don't have access to. From what I have seen so far i found most of these completely unwatchable:

1. House Of Fools
2. Badults
3. Him And Her
4. Beautiful People
5. The House That Jack Built
6. Bad Education
7. The Labours Of Erica
8. Hippies
9. Ballot Monkeys
10. Borderline

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd July 2017, 5:28 PM

Paul Merton's Hancock

You might think it's an outrage but you can't say it's a badly written sitcom.

Allo Allo is horrible. The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies, hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahhhhaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Come back Benny Hill.

...By Van Klomp.

Quote: marac @ 19th July 2017, 4:54 PM

To be honest I have not seen every sitcom. There are some I have not yet got round to watching or I just don't have access to. From what I have seen so far i found most of these completely unwatchable:

1. House Of Fools
2. Badults
3. Him And Her
4. Beautiful People
5. The House That Jack Built
6. Bad Education
7. The Labours Of Erica
8. Hippies
9. Ballot Monkeys
10. Borderline

Him and her is the only one I differ from you on, maybe House of Fools too, as irritating as I found it, it did make me laugh :(
I haven't seen any of the others above but I know I'll hate them from the titles alone or from the blurb or the actors in them or the trailer snippets I've seen. Generally being made post 2000ish is also a strong indicator I probably won't like it.

INSERT QUOTE HERE
Because it was camped up clichéd end of pier stuff that many including myself hated. Unfortunately it wasn't any where near being bad let alone worst and is probably a rightful classic now. Ie. people casually mix up disliked for worst all the time, two very different things.

Quote: DaleBale @ 19th July 2017, 12:30 PM

OK

There's no accounting for tastes {or lack thereof!} when it comes to humor. For what it's worth, below are my nominations for worst sitcoms in no particular order.

1. Mrs Brown's Boys
2. Miranda
3. Last Of The Summer Wine
4. Birds Of A feather
5. One Foot In The Grave
6. Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps
7. Are You Being Served?
8. Absolutely Fabulous
9. Men Behaving Badly
10. My Hero

Quote: MarkyL @ 5th August 2017, 2:48 AM

There's no accounting for tastes {or lack thereof!}

Yers............50% of yours I think are not funny.