Ideas to Attract Millennials.

I'm wondering if we need more ideas, such as comedy GIFs to encourage the younger generation onto our site. (Ducks)

Time for my nap. Sleepy

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 15th July 2017, 6:37 PM

(Ducks)

Time for my nap. Sleepy

You're quackers!

This is mandatory when there is talk of gifs and/or ducks.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 15th July 2017, 6:37 PM

I'm wondering if we need more ideas, such as comedy GIFs to encourage the younger generation onto our site.

Yes, I was just perusing last week's unique visitor data breakdown according to age, and I was also alarmed to see that most of those visiting this site are over 25.

I'm afraid comedy gifs simply won't do it. Millennials are a whisker more sophisticated than that.

How to attract Millennials:
1. Make the site mobile/tab-friendly. That's been done.
2. Migrate the entire site to a YouTube channel; ideally, presented by a halfwit.
3. Show some cool philanthropy that resonates with the long-term values of young people; such as raising money to save the Click-Bears of Finland.
4. When YouTube views wane, migrate the entire site to Instagram, Line and SnapChat.
5. Shoot all members over the age of 30 and replace them with "Millennial-Bot", who simply generates posts from the following terms: omg, wtf, Pewds, cringe, rlly, pisses, me, off, shit, Jesus, bad, works, school, tall, f**k, dollars, you, dumb, racist, can't, perf, gay, that, ultimate, lol, not, bully, comedy.*
6. Replace the simplistic, childish Punch cartoons with clever, insightful videos of Pet Fails.

* This may have already started, albeit with a trial of "Senility-Bot".

I'm doomed! :(

I liked Punch cartoons when I was 17 or so. But I'm not normal.

I'm sorry, but the 2017 Edition of Dabutt's Steerage classifies you as completely normal.

Again, the easy way to be a hit with kids is to make something their parents/elders will detest.

Quote: Kenneth @ 17th July 2017, 1:14 PM

2017 Edition of Dabutt's Steerage

Laughing out loud

Quote: Kenneth @ 16th July 2017, 5:36 AM

Yes, I was just perusing last week's unique visitor data breakdown according to age, and I was also alarmed to see that most of those visiting this site are over 25.

I'm afraid comedy gifs simply won't do it. Millennials are a whisker more sophisticated than that.

How to attract Millennials:
1. Make the site mobile/tab-friendly. That's been done.
2. Migrate the entire site to a YouTube channel; ideally, presented by a halfwit.
3. Show some cool philanthropy that resonates with the long-term values of young people; such as raising money to save the Click-Bears of Finland.
4. When YouTube views wane, migrate the entire site to Instagram, Line and SnapChat.
5. Shoot all members over the age of 30 and replace them with "Millennial-Bot", who simply generates posts from the following terms: omg, wtf, Pewds, cringe, rlly, pisses, me, off, shit, Jesus, bad, works, school, tall, f**k, dollars, you, dumb, racist, can't, perf, gay, that, ultimate, lol, not, bully, comedy.*
6. Replace the simplistic, childish Punch cartoons with clever, insightful videos of Pet Fails.

* This may have already started, albeit with a trial of "Senility-Bot".

I think that it is a complete list but of course - you will see if Millenials are interested after starting your page.

Quote: Kenneth @ 17th July 2017, 1:14 PM

I'm sorry, but the 2017 Edition of Dabutt's Steerage classifies you as completely normal.

I have since ripped out that specific leaf to shove where the Sun shines not. I suppose it doesn't change its meaning though.

Taking this all too seriously?

You gotta be serious when dealing with Millennials. Millennials can spot phonies. They're very smart.

At work we recently had a new team member join us and she is apparently one of these young people/Millennials. She's never heard of Morecambe and Wise let alone the Goodies. I think that's the challenge you face.

Also any insistence on typing words out in full will be met with confusion. Obs.

Soz.

F u, sez this millennial.

I know Morecambe and Wise and the Goodies and (usually) insist even to myself that I type out full words. Sometimes even too many words. We're not all *that* bad.

For the record, I don't like Millennials either, but I think as one myself I'm sort of more allowed to. Am I a millennial? What's the cutoff?

Comedy nerds of any generation should be drawn in by the excellent content and fresh interesting posts. Start some new threads or something. Comedy nerds will find them. It's more intimidating to join in on a 30 page thread with loads of in-jokes etc.

Wikipedia suggests it anyone born early 80s to late 90s/early 00s which is a much wider range than I'd imagined. I'd always thought of it as late 80s and 90s.

Any ideas about the site, guys?