Britain Today Tonight

Supremely talented Kayvan Novak's return to TV (the voices!!!! such a great range).
Very much fodder for Facejacker fans.
As a huge one of those, I really enjoyed it. Steer clear if you're a 'jacker hater.

Did anyone else have immense deja-vu of Ja'mie King with the quitting smoking driving lesson girl?

Only gave this 10 minutes because I was convinced I would hate it as I hate to see amazingly talented people doing a turkey.

Fonejacker was stunningly brilliant, with Facejacker a lame runner-up, so was hoping Kayvan's next project would breathe some fire, but sadly it did just the opposite and put it out for me.

I managed 15 minutes.

F**king horrible show.

Quote: KM378 @ 13th May 2017, 1:14 AM

I managed 15 minutes.

F**king horrible show.

Okay, I was sitting on the fence by saying I was disappointed.

Watching something bad just makes me think of how it could possibly have happened - like when you see a printed sign with glaring typo (particularly for a hotel which is also illuminated and therefore expensive - with misspelling of 'accommodation' being most common, either as 'acommodation' or 'accomodation') because of the number of people, meetings and stages it had to go through . . .

. . . and I also think of the material they discarded and DIDN'T use in favour of this*, but it made me also think they gave him the brief at 5pm and said they wanted the material by 9am next day . . . and they used the guy in luggage shop because he was passing on way home and thought he could write a skit around it.

I just don't believe the man himself could be happy with it, as he is quite brilliant without a script, and the prosthetics must be gruelling but not worth the effort as they just look rather disturbing and weird.

Angry

*I may have mentioned in another thread previously, but I used to sit in window of house with my now 'ex' with coffee on a Saturday morning watching people walking their dogs in the park wearing terrible anoraks. I don't mean just nasty colours, I mean nasty patterns with clashing colours, and the day our game started was when we saw one, looked at each other, obviously thinking the same thing and burst out laughing because we were trying to imagine how bad the others in the shop had to be for them to choose THAT one.

Now I have a kimono which is nasty in a similar way (I call it my 'crack den kimono' as it reminds me of curtains you might see hanging off one end of a rail in a crack den) but I could never wear it outdoors for fear of causing a pile-up due to rubber necking, so as these people clearly just don't care about the safety of others in addition to having such bad taste, it's only really justified if they are also carrying a white stick.

Bodily functions. Bodily functions. Bodily functions.

Hackneyed beyond belief.

the 3rd & 4th episode double bill was a real let down in comparison

Disappointing considering the brilliance of Face and Fone -jacker