Glastonbury 2017 Page 2

Killers going down well as the mystery act on the John Peel stage. I'm ready for Haim on the Other Stage.

Were they the big secret act? I read there were 3 secret appearances, one a huge one. Surely they can't be the big one?

Quote: zooo @ 25th June 2017, 5:54 PM

Were they the big secret act? I read there were 3 secret appearances, one a huge one. Surely they can't be the big one?

Don't know really. Who were you hoping for?

Killers are pretty big. As are Elbow (Friday).

Haim were loads of fun.

(Nice to see you in this thread btw.) :)

[i]Edited to add[i]: was Corbyn one of them?

Cinematic Orchestra getting into a nice groove already.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/live/cd84wh

I suppose the Killers are pretty big. But as soon as people start building up a secret act, you kind of want it to be someone huge, like Bowie.
(I would settle for someone alive, like Elton John.)

Quote: zooo @ 25th June 2017, 6:56 PM

I suppose the Killers are pretty big. But as soon as people start building up a secret act, you kind of want it to be someone huge, like Bowie.

There's still time. Though don't hold your breath for Bowie.

Quote: zooo @ 25th June 2017, 6:56 PM

(I would settle for someone alive, like Elton John.)

Maybe he'll join Ed on stage? (I heard today that Ed was at Elton's wedding, by coincidence.)

Watching Chic right now.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 25th June 2017, 7:08 PM

Ed

Im no Edlieber (or Edliever?) at all. He may be a nice bloke but his music has no appeal to me at all. Extremely overrated imo. I can't go to a shopping mall or watch a documentary about a child dying of cancer without hearing the annoying "Shape of You" in the background. This untalented and dull guy is everywhere...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 25th June 2017, 8:55 PM

Im no Edlieber (or Edliever?) at all. He may be a nice bloke but his music has no appeal to me at all. Extremely overrated imo. I can't go to a shopping mall or watch a documentary about a child dying of cancer without hearing the annoying "Shape of You" in the background. This untalented and dull guy is everywhere...

Don't panic! I won't be watching him either. But I'm sure you knew that. :D

Currently watching Berlin electronic outfit, Moderat. Pretty good.

Why do I keep hearing the acoustic guitar playing even when Sheeran holds the mic with both hands doing his pseudo-rap thing? :S Well, it doesn't matter, his songwriting is boring and uninteresting anyway, he can stick his loops and samples where the sun doesn't shine.

If this guy is the future of "rock music" then I'm out.

Metronomy (John Peel stage) wrapping up the weekend nicely for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/live/cqqwrz

Quote: paulted @ 25th June 2017, 5:04 PM

They did Up the junction acoustic

The story of my life!

Emeli Sande - what a load of crap.

Reggie Watts - Radiohead parody