West Midlands Comedy Writers Opportunity

A broadcast executive has encouraged us at Screenwriters Forum to create a (local) panel of youth-focused, fresh, responsive comedy, sketch and topical writers! Has your comedy writing got bite, freshness, and youth appeal? Contact us to express an interest or recommend someone! Add your comments to this thread - anyone named will have to confirm on their own behalves that they want to hear from us - we'll send out details LATER to everyone who confirms an interest, we can't answer queries individually here. Exciting!

We'll set a writing challenge for anyone that confirms interest early in the week of 26th June with the deadline on the following Sunday night (2nd July).

Email support@friendlycreatives.co.uk or message/comment here (I will need your email though so I can send out the challenge next week) to express interest.

Extremely interested!

Hi, thanks for the post. I'm interested in this: I've just sent an email to the address stated above. Patrick.

Hey! Am interested - www.jamesjd.com

Thanks all! Some more info should be coming out today with the brief for the writing challenge.

Deeply interested.

Hi Jamie,

Definitely interested. Just a quick check; are you limiting this to writers of a certain age - or just to those who can write for the market you suggest?

Very interested in this!

Anything come of this?

I contacted them and got this reply from Jamie White:

'Unfortunately, the broadcast commissioner has informed us that something similar has been commissioned and they won't be taking anything else on for the time being. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news'.

Thanks and very best,
Jamie.

West Midlands Comedy Writer... That's unfair to people who aren't comedy writers.