What are you listening to now? Page 1,282

When Cameo is mentioned Gun always deserve a nod for their blinding cover of Word Up in 1994. It was on par with the cover of Easy by Faith No More in 1992.

You're forgetting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEUno4QEQFQ. There was a funny but cruel / cruel but funny review of Mel's first album: Good news, there are two fab things on this CD. Bad news, they're both on the cover.

Speaking of covers... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PoWjm5VXcA

Having a bit of a Muse night while I try to do some writing. Had loads of their stuff for a while without really getting to know it properly.

The 2nd Law and Black Holes and Revelations.

I like the Grease vibe and everytime she pulls that face when he scores a gutter ball at bowling makes me laugh. Towards the end in the supermarket she looks just how I remember her in Three Of a Kind and is someone who can make me LOL without speaking. I also just discovered she's British born. I know The Tracey Ullman Show was a big cog in getting The Simpsons going so I just assumed she was American.

You're a Brit and you only just realised she was too? Where have you been?

On the toilet, like everyone else.

It took me a few years to realize Ursula Andress is Swiss.

...and I'm refusing to accept the fact that Sepp Blatter is one too.

One of the most moving moments in comedy.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th July 2017, 8:14 PM

You're a Brit and you only just realised she was too? Where have you been?

Maybe you've never heard of Three of a Kind, a sketch show around the early 80s (I think) featuring Tracey Ullman, Lenny Henry and the lesser known David Copperfield.

I am currently rediscovering Pulp's 90s masterpiece 'Common People'. It is, in the words of Stephen Hawking, total and utter f**king shit. Complete balls. Pompous, pretentious, condiscending wank. 'You'll never live like common people' - no, not if you're a multi-millionaire rock star feeding the lower classes all this presumptious bollocks about being 'one of you. Really. Like, I f**king mean it. Honest. I'm writing this from my yacht, but I once went for a whole morning without a beer, so I know what it's like.' Who do you think you are, Damon Albarn? Go f**k yourself.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 1st August 2017, 7:14 PM

I am currently rediscovering Pulp's 90s masterpiece 'Common People'. It is, in the words of Stephen Hawking, total and utter f**king shit. Complete balls. Pompous, pretentious, condiscending wank. 'You'll never live like common people' - no, not if you're a multi-millionaire rock star feeding the lower classes all this presumptious bollocks about being 'one of you. Really. Like, I f**king mean it. Honest. I'm writing this from my yacht, but I once went for a whole morning without a beer, so I know what it's like.' Who do you think you are, Damon Albarn? Go f**k yourself.

This was their breakthrough album so I really don't think that Jarvis would've been on a yacht at the time. This is one of my favourite albums of all time, classics throughout.

I'm currently listening to "Strictly for Grown-ups" by Paddy Roberts from the late 1950s.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2017, 8:11 AM

Maybe you've never heard of Three of a Kind, a sketch show around the early 80s (I think) featuring Tracey Ullman, Lenny Henry and the lesser known David Copperfield.

I used to watch Three of a Kind and The Tracey Ullman Show but don't remember them or her accent and I somehow assumed that as The Tracey Ullman Show piloted The Simpsons that meant The Tracey Ullman Show was American made so she was American.

Really like the Olly Murs and Louisa Johnson duet which is feel good fodder but the video works well and it helps they are both likable people.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd August 2017, 3:31 PM

Really like the Olly Murs....................... and it helps they are both likable people.

You speak for yourself, the bloke is an arrogant wanker with zero talent.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd August 2017, 3:58 PM

You speak for yourself, the bloke is an arrogant wanker with zero talent.

23 Skidoo - Catch 23

23 Skidoo - Ethics