Paul Daniels Page 2

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th March 2016, 3:57 PM GMT

On the subject of Mr Daniels, Popbitch has been very complementary about him and apparently he's incredibly well-regarded in the world of showbiz.

Good, the media has in the past printed unwarranted snide remarks, and cheap laughs from some comedy progs.

18.02 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqDqFJ2-8A0

Big fan of Phil Cool, but that is not one of his best and PD ditched the rug a few years ago of course.

Pity the sound synch is miles out.

The sound's crap unfortunately. I remember seeing it on TV and what I liked was it went on and on - at first I thought it was a quickie and she was a real audience member. Awesome.
Why doesn't Paul Daniels share land? Not allot.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 4th March 2016, 8:32 PM GMT

The sound's crap unfortunately. I remember seeing it on TV and what I liked was it went on and on - at first I thought it was a quickie and she was a real audience member. Awesome.
Why doesn't Paul Daniels share land? Not allot.

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnz7LApE0PY Have you noticed that no matter how good the clip is, there's always some 'don't like' wanker? I reckon it's the guy in the wheelchair off Little Britain.

RIP Paul

Very sad to have woken up to this news today. A real light entertainment star.

Indeed: RIP too.

RIP

Excellent magician. Good-hearted man.

I've said elsewhere that I am reading his biog. "Under No Illusion" at the moment (very good it is too) and just have to relate this to you as I was on the bog at the time, which I nearly fell off as I was laughing so much. Thank God I wasn't reading it on the train or bus as people would think I was a nutter, but you know how it is when something just catches you..................................anyway, I digress:-

So, if you can imagine one of these smoky small working men's clubs that were rife in the 60s/early 70s a la "Wheeltappers and Shunters" and Paul was working one. He was called by his real name then, Ted Daniels and for some reason it was always getting mispronounced as one word Tedaniels or Ted d d d daniels which the compere stuttered and struggled with; BUT he writes, this was nothing compared to a very good singing duo he saw called Les Pollux and he heard the compere announce them as Les (as in the man's name) Bollox. One of the duo drew the compere's attention to the fact that it's pronounced, "Lay" and that there were two of them, at which point the (presumably half cut) compere turned back to the microphone and announced them as the "Two Bollocks".

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Well the "problem" of Debbie's twin is now solved for me.........................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2016, 9:59 AM

Regarding the lovely Debbie - I am convinced that she is a twin, and not unusual for a magician's assistant to be so of course.
There was a trick they performed on a TV OB where there was a hot air balloon tethered at about 100ft above the ground and she appeared in it after having climbed into a wicker basket on the ground and then disappearing, only to instantly appear in the balloon basket way above Paul's head.
There is absolutely no way that could have been done without the twin already ensconced in the hot air balloon basket.

..............it wasn't a twin but a sister who is the image of her. It doesn't say in the book if she is older/younger but I am sure her hair has been dyed blonde so as to lead people away from the notion of a "twin" being used in some of Paul's tricks as I have found (see above).

I know it has taken me a very long time to read this biog.; but as I say I am a very slow reader, managing only a few pages each day on the bog, and when there is "nothing happening" I either read more pages OR less depending on how desperate I am.

Anyway, an enjoyable book and my only criticism is there is not enough (or photos) of his early life before he set out as a magician. Bit disappointed to be honest with you in that respect.

Don't you believe in magic Herc?

Only when you whisper sweet nothings in my ear, Chappers. :$