Rest in Peace, Renegade Carpark Page 5

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd April 2017, 5:26 PM

None of you are allowed to shuffle off this mortal coil! Two of the BCGers I met in London in 2014 have passed away and that's two too many. Those of you who were there that day might want to get a medical checkup to put an end to the curse.

RIP, Renegade Carpark and OldRocker. :(

Glad I didn't go to that meet now. Errr

This is all a bit of a shock, he was a fantastic force of sarcastic wit, and that rare thing, someone who dared to put out unpopular opinions.

RIP RC.
48 is way too soon. My sincere condolences to his family, they should have had many more years with him.

Stephen! It's been over a year, welcome back! :D ............ You know who is not on here anymore, so are you coming back? You've been lurking again ain't yer. We need words of sanity, and someone to redecorate to get rid of this 1950s ice cream parlour décor.

R.I.P.R.C. He was a regular poster here when I first joined and, like many others have stated, couldn't always agree with him but impossible to hold it against him. Seemed like a clever and funny chap.

Literally just found out via this thread and cannot believe the news. Absolutely tragic.

I remember meeting him, for the first time, at The Sitcom Trials back at the start of 2009 along with Bussell and Stott. He had the best sitcom on there that night - called Desperate Men - but somehow it didn't win the heat. It was a sitcom as packed full of charm and wit as he was, so those of you who met him should understand just how good it was.

He always managed to display a highly engaging brand of charm and he had time for everyone at the various BCG Meets, never wanting anyone to feel left out. And I think that's what allowed him to get away with riling people up on here; he wasn't just some mindless troll, he was an intensely likeable person and someone who had time for everyone.

Sure, he's never going to come good on his promise of buying me those two or three dozen drinks he owed me, but it's a measure of him as a man that I couldn't give a damn about this.

RIP

Nice words and story Ben.

From Susan Baird O'Shea on Facebook
22 April at 14:54 ·

The funeral of James O'Shea
(21/11/1968 to 30/3/2017)
. A requiem Mass will be celebrated at 11 am on Friday, the 28th of April, at Our Lady and Saint Joseph Church, 100A Balls Pond Road, Kingsland, London, N1 4AG.
. Burial will follow at Saint Patrick's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Leytonstone, London, E11 4HS. For those not attending the internment, light refreshments will be offered in the church's small hall.
. An informal gathering is planned afterward at the Prince George, 40 Parkholme Road, Dalston, London, E8 3EE. Friends who are unable to attend the earlier ceremonies are welcome to stop in at the pub from about 3:30 pm.
. No flowers, please. Those who wish to make a donation in his memory are invited to support the James O'Shea Memorial Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/james-oshea-memorial-stone-fund .
A celebration of his life is planned for June, at the cemetery.

Thanks, Bill. I wish I could attend.

Oh blimey - I have just seen the link to this on another thread. James was really funny and so witty - forty-eight is no age to go and it's so sad.