Congratulations Dame June Whitfield

A very deserved accolade for a lovely lady. Puts the giving of knighthoods to push bike monkeys Hoy and Wiggins to shame.

Absolutely. Our first lady of comedy who has worked with every comedian of note. What a life!

And yes, with "the other" - you win a couple of races and they make you a dame. >_<

:D>_<

All agreed! A hugely deserved recognition of an incredible career. So happy to see it.

Congrats.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th June 2017, 11:46 PM

Absolutely. Our first lady of comedy who has worked with every comedian of note. What a life!

And yes, with "the other" - you win a couple of races and they make you a dame. >_<

As opposed to being "the comic's tart", you mean?:*

I thought so too! Actually, I saw DJW (as I like to abbreviate her name to) in an old episode of Minder playing a widowed proprietress of a funeral parlour who was trying to get Arthur to do more than remove his trilby.

A true national treasure, long overdue - just shows the way 'comedy' is treated differently to other fields.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 20th June 2017, 3:17 PM

I thought so too! Actually, I saw DJW (as I like to abbreviate her name to) in an old episode of Minder playing a widowed proprietress of a funeral parlour who was trying to get Arthur to do more than remove his trilby.

Just watched her as a gold-digger in the Steptoe & Son when the old man wins £1000 on the Premium Bonds. VG. :D

Ah, yes.,. I'd like to think if I could select someone for honours, it'd be cos they lost a limb defending their country, discovered a cure for a life-threatening disease or released 65458 political prisoners. But I guess the ex-Terry and Juner is equally deserving.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 24th June 2017, 11:07 AM

But I guess the ex-Terry and Juner is equally deserving.

She's done a bit more than that as you well know and certainly deserving of the honour. If you want to have a dig a someone then how about Kelly Holmes - what the f**k did she do apart from win a couple of races.
Or even have a go at all the lycra clad twats on two wheels.

My favourite was Rod Steward getting a knighthood. Boy, did he deserve that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2017, 11:15 AM

She's done a bit more than that as you well know and certainly deserving of the honour. If you want to have a dig a someone then how about Kelly Holmes - what the f**k did she do apart from win a couple of races.

This. Why it is worthy of an honour to have a massive ego and think you're better than everyone else at something, I don't know.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2017, 11:15 AM

She was a soldier too. Not sure exactly where she served though.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 24th June 2017, 11:18 AM

My favourite was Rod Steward getting a knighthood. Boy, did he deserve that.

I don't know why he got one so long after Elton John.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th June 2017, 4:22 PM

I don't know why he got one so long after Elton John.

Elton John lives in Windsor and is famously friendly with the Royals, particularly so the Queen Mother.