The All In One Consolidatory Golf Thread Page 12

Oh okidoke, see if I can scrape some back on next major.

Hats off to Mickleson
That's the way to do it.

Pah. He does in our tournaments more than his own. With all that money he's got you'd think he'd be able to afford a haircut wouldn't you?

Westwood's given his name to a new pudding, Westwood Crumble. Don't eat it, it'll make you Sick

Blimey, this thread hasn't been used for awhile.........

Why are the European players in the Ryder Cup wearing shirts that appear to have the Scottish flag on them?

Homage/Support for a lost cause? Whistling nnocently

Probably designed with the referendum date in mind yes, it would've been odd not to have acknowledged that in some way. Also it's only the second time Scotland has hosted the Ryder Cup which I found very surprising. So it's also a nod to that surely.

Never seen Gleneagles before but it looks a proper old fashioned golf course, very rugged and open like a links course although it isn't one. Hard to play because of the wind. Magnificent clubhouse, probably not a cheap course to play for normal punters.

Thanks for that AJK, was beginning to think I wouldn't get an answer, and it sounds about right what you have said.

Yes, I'm surprised that Scotland have only hosted it twice as I thought, being the "home" of golf, it would have featured more, although I'm sure Gleneagles has hosted many a big tournament hasn't it?

Well done Danny Willett

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th April 2016, 12:00 AM BST

Well done Danny Willett

....yes impressive but as always Peter Alliss, 85, won the day.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 11th April 2016, 2:16 AM BST

....yes impressive but as always Peter Alliss, 85, won the day.

Another one on the list to not make it to the end of the year. Angelic

An epic collapse by Spieth.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I used to live directly across the street from Augusta National when I was in the Army. I moved in the weekend that 46-year-old Jack Nicklaus won his final Masters in 1986.

Quote: DaButt @ 11th April 2016, 1:19 PM BST

An epic collapse by Spieth.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I used to live directly across the street from Augusta National when I was in the Army. I moved in the weekend that 46-year-old Jack Nicklaus won his final Masters in 1986.

I love that golf course.

The tournament is your Wimbledon.

Sunday night at The Masters is the only golf I watch as the others don't have azaleas.

So there's a Davis Love IV now. And his old man is caddying for him.

What about the first and second?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th June 2017, 10:00 AM

What about the first and second?

Don't know but in eleven generations' time, young Love 15 may wish to consider taking up a different sport.

Sorry to resurrect the golf post, I know it's not of the least interest to 99.9% of posters (A good walk spoilt and all that)

But, I have bought 'mesen some new clubs and I might have dropped a right bollock.
I got some Tailormade (<-brand name) blades (as opposed to cavity backed) clubs.

All the pro's and scratch golfers use blades and I was advised in the golf shop that if my handicap is above 10 cavity backed would be better for me.
Did I listen - no.

Been on the driving range 3 times now with them and my natural fade (which I take into account when aiming) has turned into a raging slice. (I'll be ok if I play a course that has all right-hand bend holes)

I've been invited to a few tournaments this year and wanted to rip it up at them......

They are beautiful looking clubs and feel perfect but 'aim there - gone over there' is going to take some correcting.