Links are too sensitive to touch screens

When I'm scrolling on either my phone or tablet, I often find myself accidentally clicking on a link I didn't intend to. Neither devices have the problem on any other website. Is this just me? Am I just unlucky?

No Lee. I have had it on my tablet all the time too.
Not only links I did not touch but the ones I do, move just before I touch them.
It's a PITA

Bread?

Oh goody, word association/links :

Cheese !

It's the Links Effect.

Quote: Lee @ 25th May 2017, 9:45 PM

When I'm scrolling on either my phone or tablet, I often find myself accidentally clicking on a link I didn't intend to. Neither devices have the problem on any other website. Is this just me? Am I just unlucky?

Is that what you told the Judge?

Quote: Lee @ 25th May 2017, 9:45 PM

I've experienced this in a few places myself and have been regularly tweaking to improve and eliminate the problem. If you can point me to specific examples where you find it occurring, I'll get them fixed ASAP.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th May 2017, 10:16 PM

Not only links I did not touch but the ones I do, move just before I touch them.

Not sure entirely what you mean about links moving. Can you give me an example? I can only think it's your device loading additional elements of the page like images, altering the positioning of links below them. Sadly there's not really anything we can do about that.

The links to guides at the tops of threads are super sensitive when I use a touchscreen. Always accidentally get sent to the guide for the show the thread is about when I'm just trying to scroll down to see new posts.

Quote: Aaron @ 30th May 2017, 12:34 AM

I've experienced this in a few places myself and have been regularly tweaking to improve and eliminate the problem. If you can point me to specific examples where you find it occurring, I'll get them fixed ASAP.

I notice it most when I'm scrolling the active threads page. I try to use my right thumb away from the text/links but it still selects something I didn't want it to. It also does it when scrolling through a thread and I end up on a forum users profile.

Not sure what else to tell you that might be helpful in identifying? the issue?

I've just changed the touch delay in my phone's settings, I'll see if that makes a difference.

Quote: Lee @ 8th June 2017, 4:53 PM

I notice it most when I'm scrolling the active threads page. I try to use my right thumb away from the text/links but it still selects something I didn't want it to. It also does it when scrolling through a thread and I end up on a forum users profile.

Not sure what else to tell you that might be helpful in identifying? the issue?

Hmm, interesting. I can't recreate the problem on either of those two pages myself. Which operating system and browser are you using?

Android 7.1.2 and Chrome.