Should I perform at Edinburgh as a beginner?

TL : DR I want to perform in the last 2 weeks of Edinburgh, I have a (in my opinion) good 10 minutes but no real contacts. Willing to work hard for contacts, Can I feasibly make it worth it?
Just to reiterate with this, even if i get to Edinburgh and don't perform too much it's gonna be my only holiday this year and I can definitely enjoy that city and all the comedy anyway!
Sorry if this goes long and cliche from the mouth a beginner:
I've performed comedy 6 times over the past year after a long time interest. Our scene isn't very active so even when I want it I have to wait a while for a spot. Enough of the excuses.
First 4 shows I did observations and stories which I found boring. I have recently pivoted to "a fake novel reading with unexpected scathing notes from my gf".
It's done suspiciously well. It has a couple of really strong consistent monologues that get great reactions. I'm coming out super energised to do more. Each time I've found more stuff on the stage. Other comedians have reacted more than before and I'm very happy with it and to keep improving it.
So to Edinburgh. I can afford to go and stay for the last 2 weeks. Supposedly that's the best time to go and try and pick up open spots from drop outs.
I read this article: http://jayislaam.com/2014/08/06/a-blaggers-guide-to-gigging-at-edinburgh-fringe/ He makes it seem feasible but I have a natural suspicion of anyone that calls themselves a blagger.
A few people in my scene (Leeds, UK) might recognise me, definitely more so people who saw my recent stuff but nothing meaningful. I feel I can be politely persistent enough to forge good contacts.
I want to go to improve myself as a comedian and also to enjoy the city itself. Feasibly how many shows could I get, say between 14th and 28th?
I've priced out a hostel near the mile!
Anyway, if somehow you need more info, please ask away! edit: sorry that I ramble, Lunch break stream of consciousness

Of course you must do it.

Personally, I'd wait around a few years until becoming a seasoned professional with more confidence and fewer apologies.

I say (tentatively) go for it! It sounds like you have a positive attitude, and worst case scenario, you totally die on stage, but will inevitably learn a lot from the process. My friend who is a somewhat seasoned comic locally (Oregon, US) and will be joining me at the fringe is toying with the idea of trying to get on an open spot or two. Nothing to lose, really. No financial commitment for open spots is there?

If you do go ahead with your plan, definitely try to get in as much practice on stage (and off) as you can. Sounds like you're already doing well with coping with whatever the audience throws at you and are exploring some interesting territory in your sets that suits your personality and performance style. I say, why not? If you for some reason leave the experience having had a total meltdown onstage and lost all your confidence (which I don't think will happen), you'll have learned that either 1) stand up may not have been your particular calling or 2) you'll have learned what to work on to avoid similar disasters if you choose to stick with it.

Here in the states one of the first things my ex-who was just starting out at open spots at the time was told, which I thought was sound advice was something like "Try to do 100 gigs in your first year. If you survive that, you should be in a decent position to determine whether stand up is something worth your time and energy, and if you're lucky you might start to get a sense of whether or not you're any good!" Sounds harsh, but I think by now he's got several hundred shows under his belt, and challenging himself to get up on stage as often as humanly possible to try things out and hone his craft served him well. 6 gigs is a start, but I'd want to have at least a hefty handful more out of the way before trying out the Fringe. I've never been to the fringe, so I don't know how intimidating or welcoming open spots tend to be on average. Maybe someone who's actually been to the Fringe and knows what they're talking about, or is an actual stand up can give better advice than I can.

Do you have a youtube video of one of your sets that you can share on here?

I think contacts come later. What kind of style are you going for?

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm feeling optimistic!
I do not have a video of me performing, unfortunately. I will do so at my next set!

I have been considering a Webcam version for online. I could give that a go if you'd like to see.

The style is a satire of 80s action movie writers, clear sexism, macho fantasy, wish fulfilment sort of thing.
The book itself is terribly written, I read monologues from the book including a description of the main character and interactions with women. It is also covered in negative notes from my GF (first noticed on stage), somewhat about how terribly written but also passive aggressively noting issues in their real life.

I'm not great at describing it concisely.

So this is an actual book? In print? Is that kosher, reproducing/performing copywritten work word-for-word in a public venue without permission of the author? I suppose if no one's paying you it's not an issue. I don't know though. What percentage of your set is just straight reading from the book, and how much is you (or your GF's notes)? How long is the set you're working on?

If you take a video of your next gig, do post it! Would be interesting to see. That would probably be more natural and representative than doing a webcam thing at home sat in front of your computer.