That Friday Quiz Page 194

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th June 2016, 1:21 AM

Does anyone else miss George asking me if there's a quiz this week?

No.

4. Nick Kamen and his Levis. <3

8. Magritte.

1. Franco the fascist.

19. Imperial measures:
Inch, feet, yard, mile

21. Below Brentford

[quote name="JohnnyD" post="1174465" date="22nd May 2017, 10:31 AM"]19. Imperial measures:
Inch, feet, yard, mile

very clever once again Johnny.

Here's the full answers

Friday Quiz 12th May 2017
1. A bill has recently been passed allowing the exhumation of the remains of which European dictator? Spain's General Franco
2. A young Russian has just been convicted after posting a video clip of himself doing what in church? Playing Pokemon Go
3. The name of which cheese combines a mythological monster with a French novelist? Gorgonzola
4. Who is this and what is he advertising? Nick Kamen - Levi 501s

5. Now in his 80s, who is the oldest living Academy Award winner for Best Director? Clint Eastwood
6. Which central London thoroughfare supposedly takes its name from the ornamental lace collars worn in Europe in the 1700s? Piccadilly
7. Which Indian Ocean islanders were forcibly removed from their home in the 1960s-70s to make way for a UK / US military base? Chagos islanders
8. A self-portrait of a man in an overcoat and a bowler hat, with his face obscured by an apple, was painted by whom? Rene Magritte

9. What is the nominal link? Roberts. Roberts is Margaret Thatcher's maiden name, and Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts

10. Where will she be tomorrow? Lucie Jones will be in Kyiv representing the UK in Eurovision.

11. Which was the last country in Africa to use the title 'Emperor' for its head of state? Central African Empire, with Emperor Bokassa, in the 1976 - 1979. Ethiopia abolished its monarchy in 1975. ½ point for Central African Republic - republics don't have emperors!

12. The only flightless parrot in the world is to be found in which country? New Zealand

13. Who is this male impersonator, famous around the turn of the 20th century? Vesta Tilley
14. Which sporting goods company supplies the official balls for the NFL? Wilson
15. Who was the first African American woman, who died in the 1990s, to win a Grammy? Ella Fitzgerald
16. The tallest statue in the world depicts which religious figure? Buddha

17. Name the children's TV show. Jamie Johnson

18. Which 5-digit numbers fulfils the following criteria: no digit is 0; no digit is repeated; two digits are prime numbers, two are square numbers and one is neither. The third digit is double the fifth, the fourth digit is six more than the second, and the last digit is three less than the first? 73894

19. What connects these pictures: Units of measurement: wINCH; FOOTball; lanYARD; sMILE

20. Unscramble the two words. E I I I K N O O R S U V V Y EUROVISION & KYIV (KYIV is the official Romanized spelling used by the UN, BBC and others for what was previously KIEV)
21 15th

5. Winston Wolf (Harvey Keitel)

2. Google
7. The Princess and the Frog (Disney's sequel to Ivanka and Donald)

19. Tom Hanks films

20. Midge and Gnat

1.) bottles of plonk

6.) Polyethylene (?)

8.) Four Corners

Is part of question 18 missing?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 2nd June 2017, 7:32 PM

1.) bottles of plonk

6.) Polyethylene (?)

8.) Four Corners

Is part of question 18 missing?

(Whispers in your ear) You're only supposed to answer 2!

3. Madeira

11. Wet Wet Wet

Itching to answer number 7. I'll wait until others have had a go!

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd June 2017, 3:34 PM

11. Wet Wet Wet

Thought of them as well but they weren't a duo, were they?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 3rd June 2017, 3:42 PM

Thought of them as well but they weren't a duo, were they?

I missed that bit so I'll guess the wonderfully original and musical genius of Robson and Jerome.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd June 2017, 3:34 PM

(Whispers in your ear) You're only supposed to answer 2!

oops sorry for the goof up and cheers for the discreet words of advice which are appreciated :)

4. A hibiscus

14. Catamaran

11. Is not Robson & Jerome (who kept Free as a Bird from reaching No.1 in December 1995). It was another pair of utterly unworthy, unoriginal chart-topping twats, called something like Mark and Stinky.